Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, 89AKurt said:

When I get into the obsession mood, I sort of go overboard.  This month I got two more kits from an estate, it was like the proverbial barn find.  I previously posted the AMT Mercedes 300SL Autobahn on a new topic thread, just because it's too cool.  The AMT 1/16 scale '55 Chevy convertible is something I have not seen before, and I have a few Fujimi 1/16 kits already, so why not; I see it has a turbo option!  Got another Nazca M12, because the guy gave me a good deal.  *Had to* get the Tamiya 911 Turbo, even though I have two Fujimi kits.  The '72 Chevy pickup had been started with paint, seller stripped the body, so it was a decent deal (compared to eBay prices!), I will build it as a replica of my real '69.  AMT '55 Chevy pickup, already have the '57 with photo-etch parts, but why not?  Revell Integra is just for the engine, will stuff into the '74 Honda Civic RS (did already on my '87 Civic), no need to open that kit either.    ...someday...

IMG_8312_Fotor.jpg

IMG_8313_Fotor.jpg

NICE HAUL, Kurt!!, if you ever need parts for that 300SL, I have almost three complete kits that i'm not using.....

3 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

NICE HAUL, Kurt!!, if you ever need parts for that 300SL, I have almost three complete kits that i'm not using.....

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good.  I have a complete kit that's open, which is shown on my separate topic. :)

12 hours ago, slusher said:

Kurt, may I ask how the Mercedes Gulwing kit is? I beleive I had one as a kid in the mid 70's..

Of course you can!  I have not built it, which is important.  From what I can tell, it's very detailed, lots more parts than say their '72 Chevy pickup.  Has the option of Rudge wheels.   But at this moment, going from memory.  I also don't have the Tamiya kit, so can't fairly compare.  My plan is to use it in a diorama, in a well worn condition,  perhaps with the engine out like it's getting rebuilt.

I'm not paying $12 a set for hard resin wide white walls when I can print out soft resin Coker Firestone's with the Firestone name on the white wall for a mere fraction of that cost.  Here's the Coker Firestone I want and yes, I've already done a trial print of a generic tire and the white wall insert. firestone-white-wall-tire-thomas-woolworth.jpg.7aae0a5c60b36321419ac1b3e689900b.jpg

Got the 53 from towman1271 in a trade. Unusual color but very nice paint job. Only drawback is whoever painted the body  didn't paint the spare cover or fender skirts. Matching the color is not in my wheelhouse so those will not be used. A very nice start on this kit. The GMC I picked up at HL today. Usually a Ford guy but the 4X4 and guns and rack, I just had to have one. Less than twenty bucks out the door.

SAM_0530.JPG

SAM_0531.JPG

27 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Picked up these four yesterday:

Built AMT 1963 Buick Riviera

image.thumb.jpeg.7d148d4e25efe9837a8536911574fa7b.jpeg

Built Johan 1962 Chrysler 300 HT

image.jpeg.522df0d5577b64992fbc5146f26a1e44.jpeg

Johan 1962 Dodge Dart HT

image.jpeg.490de70652b0fd9f547811c2802be742.jpeg

Johan 1962 Plymouth Fury Convertible

image.jpeg.34be6b30287f68f8bb5953cda92399b0.jpeg

Nice score Joe, I have been wanting a 62 Chrysler 300 and a Johan Fury police car for a while now....

It was a kind of Ferrari a day.

The MPC Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer had an original price sticker of $3.49 from Cut Rate Toys.  The USAIRFIX Ferrari 365 GT4BB had an original sticker for $2.97 from Two Guys.  The Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Tour de France is by BBurago and the Ferrari 166MM Barchetta is by Deagostini In the Ferrari Le Grandi Collection and has been one of my holy grails.

I also noticed something about the MPC kit box that I had not recognized before was the picture on the side of the box labeled as “MODEL SHOWN ACTUAL SIZE”.   

100_1088.thumb.JPG.a152a726684b12613a21c541f1c76fff.JPG

A pint can of Sci-Grip Weld-On 4 Acrylic Solvent. 18 bucks. Cheaper by volume than the one and two ounce bottled stuff. :D

image.jpeg.a5517bb33a0a8bb7b3bef50b45e8cae6.jpeg

Johan Fire Rescue Ambulance

image.thumb.jpeg.27a1a16c38fc23ecc588d66a0575190c.jpeg

Got this more for the lower control arms than anything else

s-l1600.jpg.745c1d41a20cd9f104cf3e1ffcf00f34.jpg

I'll make copies for other '63-'66 Johan Caddys which I plan to replace the kit chassis with modded Revellogram '59/'60 versions. I had to scratch a set from photos and it was a royal pain.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, Gramps46 said:

It was a kind of Ferrari a day.

The MPC Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer had an original price sticker of $3.49 from Cut Rate Toys.  The USAIRFIX Ferrari 365 GT4BB had an original sticker for $2.97 from Two Guys.  The Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Tour de France is by BBurago and the Ferrari 166MM Barchetta is by Deagostini In the Ferrari Le Grandi Collection and has been one of my holy grails.

I also noticed something about the MPC kit box that I had not recognized before was the picture on the side of the box labeled as “MODEL SHOWN ACTUAL SIZE”.   

100_1088.thumb.JPG.a152a726684b12613a21c541f1c76fff.JPG

Now that's a nice looking addition!!

Two partial "65 Mustang fastback kits in one box. 2 bodies, 2 chassis, and almost enough bits to build a complete stocker. One will end up as an AWB drag car, the other probably something along the lines of a cross of McQueen's car in Bullitt and the Hoonigan special.

Image result for revell 40th anniversary Mustang

And every time I happen across one of these kits cheap, I snap it up; parts for a long line of old drag cars I've been working on intermittently.

Image result for Revell Tony Nancy double dragster Revell

Used my HL coupon today to get the reissued AMT '40 Ford sedan. Now I have less than zero interest in this body style, but the kit seems to be a "parts mine" and worth the discounted price for parts alone. And I'm thinking of maybe trying to chop the body into a Ranchero-ish kind of thing, which might be kind of cool. Since I wasn't wanting to build it anyway, no big loss if that idea goes horribly sideways. :lol:B)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...