Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

20 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Anyone ever see one of these? Is this an acetate or styrene promo?

Definitely acetate.  A guy at the local flea market has Jo-Han '58 and '59 Cadillac promos that he's been trying to sell for months.  Both are seriously warped, with parts of the bumpers broken and other damage.  He's still asking $75 each, because "that's what they sell for on eBay."  :lol:

He'll probably get the dough for them. I've seen more than a few of these Johan Caddy promos on a well known hobby shop site, warped like bananas, and are priced similarly. I've also noticed that there are people willing to pay, regardless of the promo's altered state.

17 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Definitely acetate.  A guy at the local flea market has Jo-Han '58 and '59 Cadillac promos that he's been trying to sell for months.  Both are seriously warped, with parts of the bumpers broken and other damage.  He's still asking $75 each, because "that's what they sell for on eBay."  :lol:

Probably more like, "that's what they ASK for them on ebay". <_<

Steve

15 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Fortunately, the one in the Modified Stocker kit is close to stock (needs molded hood pins removed, IIRC)

I just went and confirmed this. It still has the fake vents on top, and the centerline trim, and yes the hood pins that would have to be removed for stock. 

I think Modelhaus offered this hood at one time. I have a vague recollection of getting one, and it being very slightly undersized due to mold and/or resin shrinkage, as some Modlehaus hoods were. Then again, I might be thinking of some other hood. :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I just went and confirmed this. It still has the fake vents on top, and the centerline trim, and yes the hood pins that would have to be removed for stock. 

I think Modelhaus offered this hood at one time. I have a vague recollection of getting one, and it being very slightly undersized due to mold and/or resin shrinkage, as some Modlehaus hoods were. Then again, I might be thinking of some other hood. :wacko:

They may indeed have.   I don't think I had to get any Modelhaus resto parts for mine, I bought one builtup in decent shape, painted w/ a vinyl top and haven't changed it.  I know they had resin curbside '66 Skylark coupe and convertible kits, I have the convertible. 

I got 3 built kits some days ago. They will need some re-working...

Revell BMW M3 (E36 model)

Italeri Ferrari 288 GTO

Airfix/Heller/Matchbox Maserati Bora

IMG_7504.thumb.JPG.e7c0d204e91e906b394c68c8c3bd7ec9.JPG

The Maserati is missing it's tyres and some other parts that should be replaceble, one way or the other.

The M3 is in pretty good shape.

IMG_7508.thumb.JPG.028a8ec96f49dd5370b43024296ea8fe.JPG

Too bad I never liked the Dakargelb (BWM yellow) color. So it will be stripped of it's paint and get a nicer color.

IMG_7509.thumb.JPG.b83783169dd7b9620b16c512aed3f32d.JPG

Not sure yet about the interior, it could use some re-working too, but then again it's not too bad. And BMW interiors from that era really did not look any better... :D

The GTO is some sort of a funny car, look at this:

IMG_7506.thumb.JPG.ad5c186b1a3aeba2db7f659709ece4e0.JPG

Front bumper fixed upside down, never seen that before...

I've had one of these 1/12 Porsches for many years. Image result for Tamiya 1/12 porsche

I used the wheels and tires to build this wide-body 240Z convertible, but unfortunately, I left the Z-car sitting on its suspension in the very humid basement shop at the last house. The tires began to disintegrate and go flat, like the LF in the shot below.

image.jpeg.f1776564e198881254b2b37134675aa4.jpeg I've been searching for enough wheels and tires, for years, to complete the Z, and to replace the ones pirated from the Porsche.

Finally found 'em...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

A really big box of Revell parts packs , s-l1600.jpg

19 bubble tops , headlights and tail lights packs

5 custom car interiors packs

3 competition car tires packs

2 tubular bumpers and grills packs

2 dream car bumpers and grills packs

1 57 chevy engine pack

1 custom car tires pack 

I was looking for a couple of the bubble tops pack for me and I really like the competion tire packs , the rest is trade fodder .

3 minutes ago, oldnslow said:

...19 bubble tops , headlights and tail lights packs

...I was looking for a couple of the bubble tops pack for me and I really like the competion tire packs , the rest is trade fodder .

I'm definitely up for a couple of the bubble-top packs. PM me if you want to make a deal.  :D

Picked up a couple items at the annual model club flea market in Moncton NB last weekend. 

I have built copies of both of these but I've been wanting to do a classic or two from virgin kits. 

IMG 2396

I also picked up this '63 T-bird. Looks like the body wasn't painted aside from the roof, which was scraped off from the looks of it. All the parts for a stock build are there and the chrome is in pretty good shape. I'm thinking some cool candy paint and a set of wires with white pinstripe tires. ;)

IMG 2398

IMG 2400

That particular engine is a Maybach HL230 P30, used in Panthers, Jagdpanthers, Tiger II, Jagdtiger. It could be used to detail the engine compartments in Academy and Tamiya 1/25 scale Tiger and Panther kits.

Edited by SfanGoch

2 hours ago, om617 said:

Close to mint Dodge van.

image.png.45bcbaccbb7f078d7353fbdaac4e8e07.png

And this 1971 Chevrolet Vega

image.png.4be489ac42d9571587f6a2a2b9c2e3f4.png

1967 Pontiac Firebird screw bottom

image.png.0b693af32d632ac016f459416c8e372b.png

Did find this interesting so had to have it,1:25 scale Maybach V12,made of resin.

image.png.c4b4a6178d387c701002ee0812ddb366.png

Sweet, especially the Vega and Firebird! That Maybach looks like it wants to be in a Mercedes or Porsche! B)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...