Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

6 hours ago, kelson said:

One of these days I need to get some of those Chrome Irok's the amt promo wheels are so undersized.<_<

They're nice looking, bought those to stick on the MPC G-Body Elco SS kit for a late 80's-early 90's style build........just not sure if I want it to be painted in a Bright and NEON or Pastel color.

6 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Lucky find on the '62 Newport! Are you missing anything, and did you get all the pieces of the windshield frame?

Been wanting to cast those wheelcovers for my Metalflake builder.

Got all the frame, missing some vent window pieces though.  something looks missing on the grill tho. Everything else seems present.

This hubcap?

IMG_20190406_232505.jpg

IMG_20190406_232438.jpg

IMG_20190406_232526.jpg

IMG_20190406_232842.jpg

IMG_20190406_232837.jpg

IMG_20190406_232702.jpg

Edited by Sledsel

18 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Now that ☝️Is cool! I never knew anybody did a Cunningham. Is there any chance of seeing more detail of what's in the box? 

Here's an eBay listing for the Aurora "Phantom" customized Cunningham. Same kit, with EXTRA CHROME PARTS!!! The listing shows all the  parts.

It's a simple 1/32 scale kit with a multi-piece body and no engine. Typical of all the Aurora 1/32 scale sports car kits first released in the 1950's, then updated later with the chrome bling.  Still, if you must have a Cunningham for the shelf, this is probably the only kit available.  Unless somebody did a slot car body or a rare resin kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-7-Cunningham-Phantom-Customizing-Kit-Aurora-Vintage-1960/202643579966?hash=item2f2e7fa43e:g:ivUAAOSwx9lb9OQB

aur-cun.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

2 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Here's an eBay listing for the Aurora "Phantom" customized Cunningham. Same kit, with EXTRA CHROME PARTS!!! The listing shows all the  parts.

It's a simple 1/32 scale kit with a multi-piece body and no engine. Typical of all the Aurora 1/32 scale sports car kits first released in the 1950's, then updated later with the chrome bling.  Still, if you must have a Cunningham for the shelf, this is probably the only kit available.  Unless somebody did a slot car body or a rare resin kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-7-Cunningham-Phantom-Customizing-Kit-Aurora-Vintage-1960/202643579966?hash=item2f2e7fa43e:g:ivUAAOSwx9lb9OQB

aur-cun.jpg

Thanks. I just took a look at it on eBay. Condition looks nice. But, that asking opening bid price. I guess I and nobody else is that interested at that price. Still, thanks for letting me know about it. 

Got back from a flea market that is on the first Sunday of every month. It opens at 8 a.m. till 3 p.m. These followed me home, And the Elliott trailer is complete but missing the instructions . I put a post in the wanted section to get parts for the Firebird,and two of the corvette's.........

DSC03728.JPG

DSC03729.JPG

DSC03730.JPG

DSC03731.JPG

DSC03732.JPG

DSC03733.JPG

DSC03734.JPG

Picked these up today at the Spring Thaw Show in Chadwick, New York today. And a couple of the cars entered in the show looked like cars I've seen on the forum. A real nice Cutlass El Camino build. Nice show and swap meet.

today.jpeg

43 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

This arrived this morning, i think it may be a tamiya release of a revell kit as the wheels aren'tlike any of my other japanese kits being 2 pieces opposed to the usual one piece

46648361755_8937004790_b.jpg

Yes, it is.  Tamiya also released the BMW 850 from RoG.  Haven't seen either in years

Flea Market: a guy was selling home-made wooden spice racks that will be great on the workbench, holding tools and paints.

Thrift Stores:  a double-sided DVD of "Hot Rod Girl" and "T-Bird Gang."  Also a book entitled "Rural Cuba," written in 1950. When 24-yr-old Fidel Castro was still in law school.

Hobby Lobby: a set of the Testors Lacquer Metallic paints for "Fantasy War Game Figures." Includes Flat Brass, Aluminum, Steel, Gun Metal and Burnt Iron (a good engine and exhaust-pipe color). And a bottle of lacquer thinner.  $14.99 with the 40% off coupon.  This HL still does not have any of the new kits.  I think the newest one it has is the '71 Duster.

tes-lac.jpg

Yesterday I got an Automodello Triple White 71 Lincoln Continental Mark III.  This is one beautiful model. If I were building one as a model, I would have done it in the colors of my Dad's car, which was Black with a White top and interior. I would have handled the chrome trim differently, but overall I am very satisfied with the model.

7 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Yesterday I got an Automodello Triple White 71 Lincoln Continental Mark III.  This is one beautiful model. If I were building one as a model, I would have done it in the colors of my Dad's car, which was Black with a White top and interior. I would have handled the chrome trim differently, but overall I am very satisfied with the model.

Automodello will be a vendor at NNL East, so here's a chance for everyone to see their quality first hand!   Beautiful stuff!

I learned today that Automodello will be sponsoring the International Model Car Builders Museum raffle, donating one of their cars as the grand prize!   It will be their 1937 Delage D8-120 Aerodynamic Coupe by Pourtout.  So come on out to the show and buy your raffle tickets.  Someone will win it!   

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...