Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

24 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

These just arrived. The Lincoln I got fairly cheap on eBay and was surprised by that. It's a screw bottom Going into the purple pond to be striped. And the other two were cheap also.

Good score!  I'm surprised too and hate you. ?  I look for AMT Lincoln hardtops all the time on eBay.  They're usually very hard to find and expensive. It seems like, for the years '61 thru '64, four or five Lincoln convertible kits come up for every hardtop.  The ones with the B-pillar post intact, like yours, seem even harder to find.   

I'm a geezer, so I remember when AMT Lincoln and Imperial kits were plentiful and cheap.  Nobody wanted them.  It sure isn't that way any more. 

6 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Good score!  I'm surprised too and hate you. ?  I look for AMT Lincoln hardtops all the time on eBay.  They're usually very hard to find and expensive. It seems like, for the years '61 thru '64, four or five Lincoln convertible kits come up for every hardtop.  The ones with the B-pillar post intact, like yours, seem even harder to find.   

I'm a geezer, so I remember when AMT Lincoln and Imperial kits were plentiful and cheap.  Nobody wanted them.  It sure isn't that way any more. 

I’m an old geezer also and was surprised it went so cheap. The only parts missing is the carb,  air cleaner and the hood ornament. The wheels are also a bit odd. Seem like a reaction to the glue or tires. But a rebuilder for sure.  $25 Shipped. I think that was.   A good price.

Edited by ewetwo

1 hour ago, 64SS350 said:

Got this today, very restorable Chevy Astro 1 experimental car. Couldn't resist the body lines.

IMG_20191021_184806656.jpg

I was keeping an eye on that one but didn't bother to bid as I have  one already. Love that Syd Mead style artwork on the box. 

I'm doing a lot of extra hours over the next few months so I've been treating myself. I may be solely responsible for the rise in price of the mk4 golf kits as this is my second with bids on more. Appologies for the poor pics, its still dark and I'm tired

DSC05579.JPG

DSC05575.JPG

DSC05576.JPG

DSC05578.JPG

Edited by stitchdup

The Craftsman '63 Impala landed today - missing the steering wheel, which wasn't mentioned but visible in the photo, so that's on me. Interesting to note the body doesn't have that issue with the sunken trunk lid trim; maybe that happened when AMT's bean counters filled in the taillights? 

Not here yet, but is enroute. Threw a bid on this one thinking for sure I would get outbid. BUT,,, ,,a few hours later I get the email says I won. No idea how that happened. Even has me a little scared its gonna show up a compete turd. iI it does ,, so be it but for the price I cant complain. Complete with the uncut hood, stock front seats . Everything except stock wheel covers  ( which I happen to have on hand should I feel the need to go stock)

I already have one nice builder of this ,,,, so not 100% sure what the plans for this one will be

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Did you get your issue yet Snake?

Mine came today.

image.thumb.jpeg.f9ae8d2fad7b6e0e715399649c8e833d.jpeg

I don't really strive for this sort of thing, but it's still pretty cool to see one of your models in print! ^_^

Steve

Yah, mine finally came last Saturday. And I saw your '67 Ford in there--congrats! 

Edited by Snake45

It's a great thing to have one pictured in the annual. Congrats on the entry! I was fortunate enough to have one of mine published several years ago. It was a small photo, but it was still in there! And, my last name was spelled right, too! LoL

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...