Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

When it rains, it pours!!! Last night at model car club meeting it was rummage night so members brought stuff to sell...and sell they did. I got an Aero Vette and two 1/32nd scale 70 Novas and two 1/32nd scale 76? Novas, all four are Monogram I believe. Also got an unmolested 1/32 scale 65 or 66 Mustang fast back from the old AMT series of 1/32nd kits. I also won a 1/32nd scale Ranchero (reissue of the same series that the Mustang was part of) in the raffle. The Novas are kits that came with engines too. The newer Nova kit is not a very good one as the chassis detail is rather simplistic, but with one of the 70s chassis, I can make the 76 look great underneath.

While some may not call this model related, I do.  I was at my local Wal Mart and they had a shopping cart of those little, personal USB powered fans.  I figured that some of them would be nice in my work area since I don't have heat or A/C in that room.  The best part was that they were only 10 cents each.

I am half tempted to check tomorrow to see if they still have some since you can't really go wrong for a dime.

While some may not call this model related, I do.  I was at my local Wal Mart and they had a shopping cart of those little, personal USB powered fans.  I figured that some of them would be nice in my work area since I don't have heat or A/C in that room.  The best part was that they were only 10 cents each.

I am half tempted to check tomorrow to see if they still have some since you can't really go wrong for a dime.

They sure are. You can use the motor for many different diorama effects. 

....just now returned home from a Toronto, Ontario  sale and meet......great morning, to say the least,,,, I grabbed the AMT 69 GTX, 66 FAIRLANE 427, and 72 CHEVELLE SS, all MIB from one dealer for 20.00 bucks....:P.. then, traded a seller and got a sealed AMT COUNTDOWN SERIES 69 CHEVELLE SS and COUNTDOWN 64 IMPALA , 65 EL CAMINO w/ camper sealed....and the AMT 36 FORD COUPE late 60s issue GASSER series with the pop up drag strip cardboard display.....another one of the newly released MPC 69 BARRACUDA,,,,,,and finally, a mint in box..MPC DICK JESSE'S MR. UNSWITCHABLE funny car, unbuilt only missing the driver figure, with a very nice 8/10 box......terrific Sunday morning........the Ace..........:D

Cheap diecast '65 Mustang convertible at the toy show for $10. Mainly bought it because a '65 Stang droptop is "Miss April" on my Mustang calendar at work and I needed it to match. (I have a Musclecar calendar and a Mustang calendar at work, and every month Iry to bring in a diecast to match one or the other picture as close as I can.)

Daddyfink. Who makes the chaparral 2c? Richard

Well I'm not Daddyfink, but there were 2 Chaparral 2C kits put out in fair numbers. LS and ARII produced them. Given a Choice go for the LS one as it has the best detailed parts of the 2.

The earlier Chaparral 2s had fiberglass composite chassis, and the 2C was Hall's first aluminum monocoque.  The 2C also had a shorter wheelbase and was the first car with the flipper tail. I believe one of the fiberglass cars later got the flipper tail. This is info I remember from reading a book on the Chaparrals.

The earlier Chaparral 2s had fiberglass composite chassis, and the 2C was Hall's first aluminum monocoque.  The 2C also had a shorter wheelbase and was the first car with the flipper tail. I believe one of the fiberglass cars later got the flipper tail. This is info I remember from reading a book on the Chaparrals.

The easy way to tell the converted 2 from the 2C is the 2 has vents on the rear "fenders" where the 2C's are smooth.

Being an IH/Navistar retiree, I like to grab the occasional IH pickup diecast when possible, particularly 1:25 scale. I had heard about Speedway gas stations having a First Gear 1938 IH pickup on sale but kept forgetting to track one down. Then, lo and behold, one arrived in the mail from my brother, he is a Marathon/Speedway contract employee and got a freebee. Bless his soul!

Procrastination pays!! (Sometimes)

1938IHSpeedway.png

The IH truck above is very..... should I say it? .... yes I have to.... cool! I want one.

Today in the mail I got a copy of the book The V8 Affair. It was one of a great series of books put out by Ray Miller in the 1970's. This particular book has many great detail photos covering 1932 through 1942 Ford automobiles. Just about anything one could want to know about these cars, is in this book. He did others on other cars. All were top notch and worth seeking out. There are still few additional titles I'm looking for.

A near perfect example of a clean builtup Johan 1959 Fury kit .Everything to build it box stock is included.

I've been trying to get one for the past year. And I finally decided if I was gonna win ,,,i had to up my budget.

59Fury.jpg

Sweet Fury Bill. 

Won a 80s Trans Am GTA and 66 Oldsmobile 442 convertible really cheap on Facebook auction. 

Also got a 6 pack of those clear Tamiya jars for mixing color,and i finally bought a paint cabinet 

so i can use airbrush. Never used airbrush so expect lots of stupid questions on how to lol. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...