Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

GOTCHA!!!

64_corvair4.thumb.jpg.bc4adf6eb13c6816fe

AMT Craftsman '64 Corvair Monza. FOUR times it's been on eBay with no takers and the price finally came down to the point where I had to bid - and I was still the only bidder. Considering the condition, not a bargain but not too bad.

Now I have a good excuse to list my IMC STP Lotus Indy car to make up for it.

(I expect Round2 will announce the discovery of the molds for the Corvair in the next 15 minutes or so, shortly before Moebius announces an all-new kit. :P)

GOTCHA!!!

64_corvair4.thumb.jpg.bc4adf6eb13c6816fe

AMT Craftsman '64 Corvair Monza. FOUR times it's been on eBay with no takers and the price finally came down to the point where I had to bid - and I was still the only bidder. Considering the condition, not a bargain but not too bad.

Now I have a good excuse to list my IMC STP Lotus Indy car to make up for it.

(I expect Round2 will announce the discovery of the molds for the Corvair in the next 15 minutes or so, shortly before Moebius announces an all-new kit. :P)

Good score Chris.....

The weekly Flea Market was a bust today.  Hardly any model kits, just a few Monogram & AMT NASCARs.  Last week I scored the 4 1960 built-ups (T-Bird, Vette, Corvair and Ford pickup/trailer). But that's the way it goes.  Sometimes it's fantastic, sometimes nothing.

After the Flea Market, I went to 2 Ollie's stores (Anderson and Greenville, SC).  Also 2 Hobby Lobbys.  Most of the haul below came from Ollie's.  The 53 Studebaker was in the Clearance aisle of Hobby Lobby for $14.99, couldn't resist at the price. Have a couple of resin bodies the chassis should fit.

The AMT Cindy Lewis 57 Chevy and REVELL 72 Olds came from the Hobby Connection in Easley, SC. Paid full retail, which I HATE to do. But after checking the online dealers, shipping would have made their prices almost full retail anyway.

If you fool around with 1/48 aircraft at all, those Lindberg Snarks at Ollie's are great.  They have a nice hydraulic service lift, tractor with fifth-wheel towing dolly, and NINE crew figures.  An instant diorama in a box!  And that's not even counting the missile and its launch trailer.

Img_9597.jpg

I'm always a few days late in posting. Picked up these two from my local model guy at the flea/farmers market this past Sunday. They were part of a recent built collection he just bought out (he has a ton of others I wanted also). I just needed the body from the Monte Carlo Kit (have a complete kit, just with no body). The Courier was just something I had to have (ALWAYS been a fan of compact trucks) and for a total of $15 ($5 for the Monte, and $10 for the Courier) and both looking like easy rebuilds, I think I scored. Besides, I'm a sucker for built kits.

20160421_205616_zpseiud7ow9.jpg

Edited by DerthDeboblo

Got this off Ebay for about $30 CDN, with shipping included. Became an even better deal, when after about a month it hadn't arrived in the mail I emailed the vendor telling him it hadn't shown up and he apologized that the item didn't get shipped. So he sent it the next day, with tracking and a full refund.....so got it for free. Original release from 2000 opened and unstarted, but the Martini decals are missing and one of the side stripes is partially missing. I knew that when buying, but I thought I'd have an easier time finding replacement decals or after market ones than I have been. I've got a post in the Want section if anyone has some lying about.

Plan on doing a full detail build on this later this year, so i'll spend the next couple months rounding up some aftermarket detail sets. This is going to be my fall build.

124_Alfa_Romeo_155_V6_TI_Jagermeister__L

Pic is off the web of one of the new releases, haven't bothered to take any pics yet, blew up my good computer yesterday, so working off the tv one atm.

Edited by Jhedir6

Great Alfa kit

Good to hear a positive e Bay resolution story

Found some aftermarket on sale form HiroBoy in UK., couldn't find the decals, but I bet they are there somewhere

http://www.hiroboy.com/124_Alfa_Romeo_155_V6_TI_Detailup_Set_Tamiya_PEMetal_partsResin_PreOrder--product--9471.html

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

What did I get today?  I got my mixes done for the new MCW Custom colors. I have 10 Candy colors and 10 pearl clear coat colors. I am also working on a line of "Bright and Bold" colors. these are not factory colors, but just some stuff for the custom builders. Follow MCW Finishes on facebook for details and news.  

Also started on some Railroad colors.

I currently have B&O Blue, Penn Central Green, Burlington Northern Green, and Pullman Green.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...