Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up a can of Tamiya blue to repaint the SOHC for the '58 Ford, after my attempt to airbrush it with Testors acrylic flopped (when I removed the masking tape the paint peeled off with it, and coverage wasn't great in the first place).

Also picked up the Revell '30 Ford coupe kit from HL in Deerfield for trading material; I did give everyone a heads-up a week ago but no takers, so... They still have two '29s.

What are you looking for in trade for the 30?

Later- 

Yes, I want to build it factory stock, but unfortunately the AMT 49 Mercury isn't too easy to find over here, and to have one sent over from the States would have cost me £30, and I only paid £20 for the kit

Edited by GeeBee

Got NOS '62 Continental sedan glass to replace the stress-cracked unit in my '61, and a '62 Ford pickup steering wheel:

62_wheel.thumb.jpg.9d734a6c38b8b5943982d

With modifications, this should be a pretty close match for the '57 Lincoln wheel used in the Coronado boat. Now I just need an old Rambler V-8 to make into the Gray Marine 327 engine... oh yeah, need to get the boat kit too... :rolleyes:

Vince and Tom - Haven't decided what to trade the '30 A for yet.

Geoff, if you want the stock flathead V-8, use the one from the AMT 49 Mercury kit, there are a lot of those around...

just picked one up for £15, I'll probably make a mold of the engine and ancilleries, and cast them in resin, that way i can still build the amt Mercury sedan kit 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...