Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Today I finally received my last and final order from Modelhaus...  I didn't unpack everything so I don't have pictures...  I got a 1950 Nash, a 1957 Desoto, a 1957 Lincoln, a 1959 Oldsmobile, and the interior for a 1956 Plymouth.

I thanked Don & Carol for their fine products and service over the years, and wished them a happy and safe retirement.  Carol responded, advising that it will most likely be another year before they are actually able to retire...!!!!!!

Two things dropped on my mat this afternoon............ a Heller 1/43rd Citroen 2CV with grooved bonnet design of 1938..

1_zpsor02ulae.jpg

And a resin kit of the Uncertain 'T' from Oz sent on the 16th May to me here by 24th May, very good on economy shipping! Cast by ResinBlob64 or Glenn Polkinghorn.

UNT1_zpscvmydhu8.jpg

A couple of bottles of Model Master FS colors to match (close anyway) some Heller colors and 3 no. 68 drill bits. Hadn't bought any MM in a long time; with tax over 16 dollars. Wow, I still have some dime bottles of Pactra. Sign me 'old and cheap'. 

Two things dropped on my mat this afternoon............ a Heller 1/43rd Citroen 2CV with grooved bonnet design of 1938..

1_zpsor02ulae.jpg

And a resin kit of the Uncertain 'T' from Oz sent on the 16th May to me here by 24th May, very good on economy shipping! Cast by ResinBlob64 or Glenn Polkinghorn.

UNT1_zpscvmydhu8.jpg

I have that exact same Uncertain T.  I got it a few years ago.  Nice casting!

Sometimes the work pays off!

Just returned from the NNL North show in Bloomington MN.

I wasn't even planning on going this year with the stress from the move & all, but I'm glad I did.

I made out like a bandit! :D

I had 6 kits entered in the show this year.

A '59 Bonneville & a '60 Dodge Dart in the "Fins" category, which was this years theme.

I also entered a '61 Starliner in the street rod category, a '63 Ford in the truck category & a '69 Coronet in the muscle car category.

The only "Factory Stock" entry I had this year was my '62 300 H convertible.

I won the trophy for the fins category from the gentlemen from the "Model Car Club of Minnesota" for the '60 Dodge, & a trophy for "Best Road Car" from the guys from the "Winnipeg Model Cal Club" for my '62 Chrysler!

I also picked up a plaque for one of the "Top Ten" in the show from the participants, also for the '62 300.

My head is still reeling a bit!

I never really expected to win any awards this year.

It was very unanticipated!

I just want to send my heart felt thanks to all of the guys from the MCCM & the WMCC for their kindness, especially Scott & Rod who have both sort of taken me under their wing & made me feel really comfortable.

I also have to thank all of the participants for the top ten vote as well.

There were a lot of really great builds there & I am humbled to receive their votes.

And last, I have to thank my beautiful wife for suggesting that I take the time to go this year & accompanying me to boot.

She is my biggest reason for living!

Steve

DSCN6106DSCN6108

I was glad you did make the show. It was nice seeing you again. Nice to meet your beautiful wife. And it was great to see your work in the flesh again. The '60 Dodge, and the detail you did on the interior in particular, blew me away. You well deserve the awards you got. I hope you keep coming to join us at the NNL North in the future. You do great work. And seem like a pretty nice person too.

Scott

Have a '72 Celica coming from Japanoland. As one of these was among the first cars I race-prepped early in my career, I kinda thought it might be fun to build it as an SCCA C-Sedan car, as that's what the real one was. All I really remember about the car is that it was a kinda darkish olive green metallic, built on a pretty tight budget, and it wouldn't get out of its own way when it came in because the cam timing was so retarded.

New-AOSHIMA-Toyota-Celica-1972-1600GT-1-24-The-Best-Car-Vintage-Series-No-51

I hope you decide to do a review of this kit when you get it. I would really like to find one that could be built like the version we got over here. I love those small bumper Celicas.

Scott

I was glad you did make the show. It was nice seeing you again. Nice to meet your beautiful wife. And it was great to see your work in the flesh again. The '60 Dodge, and the detail you did on the interior in particular, blew me away. You well deserve the awards you got. I hope you keep coming to join us at the NNL North in the future. You do great work. And seem like a pretty nice person too.

Scott

Thanks Scott!

I'll have to get busy working on something as soon as possible for next years theme.

I don't have a single built example of anything from 1968.

At this point it will probably have to either be a '68 Dodge Coronet, or a '68 Chrysler 300, the only 2 that I have. ^_^

Steve

Thanks Scott!

I'll have to get busy working on something as soon as possible for next years theme.

I don't have a single built example of anything from 1968.

At this point it will probably have to either be a '68 Dodge Coronet, or a '68 Chrysler 300, the only 2 that I have. ^_^

Steve

Look forward to seeing both both. I've always liked the '68 300. I have the convertible promo of that one.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Look forward to see both both. I've always liked the '68 300. I have the convertible promo of that one.

Scott

I have the hard top kit & the promo convertible of the '68 300.

I was considering combining the 2 to do a more detailed version of the convertible.

Only problem is, I have a thing for up tops on my convertibles.

I wonder where I could find an up top that would fit the 300? <_<

Steve

I have the hard top kit & the promo convertible of the '68 300.

I was considering combining the 2 to do a more detailed version of the convertible.

Only problem is, I have a thing for up tops on my convertibles.

I wonder where I could find an up top that would fit the 300? <_<

Steve

If you have one. Take a good look at the up top from what I believe is a 1965 Impala top. ( top came with several builders I bought a few years back )

Ive got one sitting on my 300 vert promo and it sure looks like it would be a pretty easy to make work. Ive tried it on several cars and it fits the 300 the best . I can get pictures this weekend maybe

Got this one, FINALLY.  Since they seem hard to find in the USA, I bought 2 of these tractors. Also a Lindberg Century Coronado boat.  Pre-birthday gifts from myself to myself.

hel_trac.jpg

Happy Birthday Michael and good for you.  I bought one myself.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...