Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got one of these 1/8 scale kits for the best price I've seen in years...

Image result for revell big tub

...and another partially built-up 1/8 Pocher Alfa. After a quick inventory, it appears to be at least 95% complete, with only very minor (and clean) assembly.

Image result for pocher alfa romeo

I went to Hobby Lobby today and with a 40% coupon I wound up with a Iwata Neo airbrush for $48.00. Bought a few other things but this was a good deal for the brush. I feel I am airbrush poor. Last count I have 9 airbrushes. Each one has a different use setup for it. Paasche H's and VL's for primer, Badger Krome's for general use and Iwata HP-SB plus for fine detail. Maybe the Neo will replace the 2 Kromes for general use. We'll see how it works first.

Richard

chrome.thumb.jpg.54f50509d109836a896a860Here's something I bought today...  I am amassing a collection of all the New Jersey town postmarks, a collection I started when I was 14 and recently rediscovered.  I have 560 individual towns so far.   I thought the board might enjoy this one since the town is  Chrome. The sender is Chrome Metal Works and the recipient is the Norton Emery Wheel Company  in 1908.  No, they weren't making chrome wheels.  Norton Emery was a manufacturer of grinding wheels, which Chrome Metal Works probably owned a few.  They are still in business today as Norton Abrasives,  I know I have a pack of their sand paper in my garage. I couldn't find any information about Chrome Steelworks.  

Chrome, NJ still exists as a section of Carteret, NJ in Middlesex County.  The post office went out of business in 1920. 

That Hess motorhome is in awesome shape, and must have been kept in the box since new.  It's pure white. I see many (and have a couple) that are heavily "yellowed."  I guess they were kept in an attic or some place where heat changed the color of the plastic. At least I've seen that mentioned as a reason on some other boards.

The fe-mail carrier delivered this tractor today, courtesy of eBay. Finally!  Been trying to get one of these for years.  This kit is partly built, engine/chassis only. I don't care, it's neatly done so I can live with it and carry on.

1466.jpg

Don't know if it's just suppose to kits, but I went to Hobby Lobby and got a nice set of flat brushes for dry painting, Some 5 minute Epoxy and some springs that if I cut the top loop off will look great on a model!20170729_174407.thumb.jpg.e1a027197028ae20170729_174426.thumb.jpg.41d01a41fd7042

That Hess motorhome is in awesome shape, and must have been kept in the box since new.  It's pure white. I see many (and have a couple) that are heavily "yellowed."  I guess they were kept in an attic or some place where heat changed the color of the plastic. At least I've seen that mentioned as a reason on some other boards.

Mike it was boxed and inside the plastic bag when I got it.I have seen the yellowed dull ones before.

Edited by BIGTRUCK

The courier rolled up with a copy of Fujimis' newly released  Porsche 911 RSR and a couple of Mazda bits n pieces

IMG_6151.JPG

NICE. I need to order myself some of those wheels and PE for one of my 787's....yet another potential WiP on the ever growing heap.

Man, am I jealous Ron. Maybe if I make room on my credit card, I can start ordering from HLJ or similar. I buy Revell kits from my LHS, but Japanese kit pricing is prohibitive. Would it be possible to get a peek at what's inside the RSR box please?

Man, am I jealous Ron. Maybe if I make room on my credit card, I can start ordering from HLJ or similar. I buy Revell kits from my LHS, but Japanese kit pricing is prohibitive. Would it be possible to get a peek at what's inside the RSR box please?

Hobby Search has photos and the instructions up on their website....

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10462379

HLJ is actually pretty reasonable, Bill. I ordered two Hasegawa kits from them a couple of weeks ago (a Datsun 510 and the BMW 2002tii), and with shipping, my total worked out to $63 Canadian, and the package is waiting at the post office. There is also a currency converter on their website, so you can see how much you would have to pay.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...