Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

MAIL CALL

Johan 1959 Cadillac 4 door builtup.

Not a cream-puff by any standards. ( front fender ornaments )  and hood emblem are sanded off.  paint is on a tad to thick to tell if the side emblems are there or not .

Either way,,,,,,,  with a little work. It should rebuild without a whole lot of fuss. One more to scratch off the want list .

s-l1600.jpg

MAIL CALL

Johan 1959 Cadillac 4 door builtup.

Not a cream-puff by any standards. ( front fender ornaments )  and hood emblem are sanded off.  paint is on a tad to thick to tell if the side emblems are there or not .

Either way,,,,,,,  with a little work. It should rebuild without a whole lot of fuss. One more to scratch off the want list .

s-l1600.jpg

Looks pretty good Bill.

Never had much interest in the '59, but I wouldn't mind finding a nice '60 & '61.

Should have jumped on the Modelhaus 2 doors when they were around, but I guess I'll just have to learn to live without.

Steve

IMG_0329.thumb.JPG.c9879bc55751a80bf54d6

The Metro has been pulled from the pond, and I am pleasantly surprised at the overall condition. A couple of cracks in the windshield frame, and a stress crack on the hood, from removing the interior bucket, and that is all.

IMG_0330.thumb.JPG.e5308ad736a7124fd5077

Great results for a model which only cost me (wait for it)... $7.00 :o

:D

The 61 Cadillac is probably a Palmer. They did a lot of stuff in goofy "in-between" scales.  If I'm remembering right, they used a generic chassis and made many different bodies fit it. 

And I sure do like that Nash Metropolitan!

palm61cad.jpg

Just got back from the Lake Michigan Model Car Club meeting; won an Aerovette kit in the raffle and got this from another member:

66_wildcat.thumb.JPG.fbd535bc4d1e467a4d9

Nice builtup '66 Wildcat in metallic lavender. There's a little typewritten sticker on the chassis that reads "blt 1/1/75" so I guess it's original issue?

Both kits are ones I wanted to get to "someday" so it was a good evening!

The 61 Cadillac is probably a Palmer. They did a lot of stuff in goofy "in-between" scales.  If I'm remembering right, they used a generic chassis and made many different bodies fit it. 

And I sure do like that Nash Metropolitan!

palm61cad.jpg

You're right Michael. Don't know if I'll ever be good enough to do anything with it. Won it on Ebay because nobody else seemed to want it. Way over my head!20170820_095941.thumb.jpg.2b5c5b071608c820170820_100021.thumb.jpg.dfbdf2d79060e1

You're right Michael. Don't know if I'll ever be good enough to do anything with it. Won it on Ebay because nobody else seemed to want it. Way over my head!20170820_095941.thumb.jpg.2b5c5b071608c820170820_100021.thumb.jpg.dfbdf2d79060e1

They're pretty much only good for displaying the box.

Too bad though.

It would have been really nice to have a good '61 Eldorado kit.

Steve

It's pretty much all there. The only missing piece I can't find is the clear glass for the windshield and the windshield frame is broke. But like I said, it's more than I can handle at this point

Even if it's all there, everything was so out of scale & weird on these Palmer kits that it's all put impossible to get a half way presentable model out of one of them.

Steve

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...