Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Late on a Saturday night (last night).  Took a break from binge-watching "Mr. Mercedes" to check eBay's "Ending Soon" items.  Saw this Jo-Han Eldo for a reasonable opening bid and shipping. With NO BIDS after 7 days!  The auction was ending in <2 minutes. What's the catch?  Photos showed it looked complete, with most parts still on the sprues. No visible tire burn on glass or parts.  I took the plunge and bid the minimum, won it.  Will let you know if there was a catch when it arrives...

eldo_jo.jpg

With the Stash at 130+ and not really going through them at a reasonable speed, I've been warned multiple times from the boss not to get another kit.

Couldn't resist this one though... looking forward to building this kit... looks like a challenge.

20170829_190035.jpg

20170829_190056.jpg

Is that kit a Curbside, either way that is a must have for me, Nice kit

Thanks for the Road Agent reminder.  :D

Kewl.  :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a couple more I've been after for a while. This little Pinto promo is the non-hatchback. Combined with some later chassis bits and engine, it will be a replica of my old street-racer / slalom car 2-liter...another stripped and lightened shell, with 40mm Weber siddrafts, headers, cam, light flywheel. She surprised a lot of BMW, Datsun and Porsche drivers.

s-l1600.jpg

And a not-too-bad built Toyota 2000GT convertible. Complete, and no glue where it would be hard to fix. Fell in love with them way back when. Beautiful sounding little engine.

s-l1600.jpg

I really wish Round 2 would (or is that could?) reissue the MPC Toyota 2000GT kit.

With the Stash at 130+ and not really going through them at a reasonable speed, I've been warned multiple times from the boss not to get another kit.

Couldn't resist this one though... looking forward to building this kit... looks like a challenge.

20170829_190035.jpg

20170829_190056.jpg

VERY nice!!  -I'm about half way done with mine right now, been a bit slow though since i'm on the final assembly stage of my Aventador, but if you don't mind a little advise, I don't suggest even sanding any of the body parts, let alone painting them, until everything else is assembled, and finished(apart from the "A" pillar piece that attaches the doors to the interior tub). I think I have beaten the "parts-fit" issue, and if I goes well, I will be posting a video on how I did it.

The other day I stumbled across a POCHER RIVAROSSI PORSCHE CARRERA 911 1/8 scale. Unbuilt all parts in original bags untouched.

Maybe a few finger prints but that's it.

To build or not to build is the question. Never thought I would ever see one in real life.Never mind owning one.

DSCN5193.JPG

DSCN5200.JPG

Edited by Kenny B

Got this from eBay today . Not building much anymore but my best friend bought one of these cars at an estate sale. He got it for 1,700 and is in better condition than you might thing . Anyway I found one for 25 bucks so I snapped it up . I will do it up as a replica of his car . 

IMG_0042.JPG

Finally bought a kit. Stopped by a shop I don't go in often. Stuck in a corner on the bottom shelf was the RoG Trabant 601 Universal and was the old price from when it was 1st issued several years ago. So snapped it up to replace the stolen one. Got a bottle of Testor's semi-gloss black also to check out, figure it'll give me one more black texture for the palette.

Another Hobby Lobby run today....another C7R.....I like this kit and a couple bottles of Vallejo blacks . Will likely do this one up as the 2016 IMSA car like the box art but with the corrected areo package. And I'll probably get another one to go with the SMS set I'm getting myself for Christmas to do the Le Mans car.

20170919_223700_zpstyh1cxij.jpg

Got this from eBay today . Not building much anymore but my best friend bought one of these cars at an estate sale. He got it for 1,700 and is in better condition than you might thing . Anyway I found one for 25 bucks so I snapped it up . I will do it up as a replica of his car . 

IMG_0042.JPG

You lucky SOB, ive been after one for a long time now for a decent price, what I get for not keeping on top of it.

The other day I stumbled across a POCHER RIVAROSSI PORSCHE CARRERA 911 1/8 scale. Unbuilt all parts in original bags untouched.

Maybe a few finger prints but that's it.

To build or not to build is the question. Never thought I would ever see one in real life.Never mind owning one.

DSCN5193.JPG

DSCN5200.JPG

Build it and do a wip in the Big Boys section

Got this one on my wish list, you are a lucky man

Finally bought a kit. Stopped by a shop I don't go in often. Stuck in a corner on the bottom shelf was the RoG Trabant 601 Universal and was the old price from when it was 1st issued several years ago. So snapped it up to replace the stolen one. Got a bottle of Testor's semi-gloss black also to check out, figure it'll give me one more black texture for the palette.

Well, if you need some more black textures...

I bought this set of Lifecolor acrylics a few years ago, still using it. It's a really thick acrylic, so a little goes a long way.  Mixing these paints give me a huge range of black shades.

blks.jpg

I bought this set of Lifecolor acrylics a few years ago, still using it. It's a really thick acrylic, so a little goes a long way.  Mixing these paints give me a huge range of black shades.

blks.jpg

Haven't heard of them, but I pretty much stick with enamels for models. If I use acrylics, have a bunch of artist's stuff or use the craft stuff.

blks.jpg

They sound interesting to me. I will be looking for them when next I go shopping.

VERY nice!!  -I'm about half way done with mine right now, been a bit slow though since i'm on the final assembly stage of my Aventador, but if you don't mind a little advise, I don't suggest even sanding any of the body parts, let alone painting them, until everything else is assembled, and finished(apart from the "A" pillar piece that attaches the doors to the interior tub). I think I have beaten the "parts-fit" issue, and if I goes well, I will be posting a video on how I did it.

Excellent tip, I'll be watching if you post your build

Thanks

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...