Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

17 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

These have arrived in the past 9 days.  Just catching up.

DSCF0758.JPG

The Huayra and SV are still on my todo list! are you going to be doing build threads on both? like to see how it is etc so i can already make some plans for when i get mine in the (not to far i hope) future...

53 minutes ago, JeroenM3 said:

The Huayra and SV are still on my todo list! are you going to be doing build threads on both? like to see how it is etc so i can already make some plans for when i get mine in the (not to far i hope) future...

Yes I will.  Won't start them until after we've moved and settled in.  I was thinking, longer term, of displaying these and others (F12 Novitec N-Largo, La Ferrari, etc,) in a diorama relecting something the Irongate Motor Condos

SAM_8083 - Copy.JPG

On 1/13/2018 at 5:36 PM, cobraman said:

Most of you probably know I collect Cobra's . Started about 1999 . As I was cruising the bay last week I came across this Cobra kit . I didn't think I had it so I checked and sure enough I had missed it all these years . Not rare at all and in fact there were two others listed . Have no clue how I missed this one . Now I have it . Nothing special and in fact just pretty much the same old kit that has been out in one box or another for years . But I had to have it to add to the unbuilt collection . What else have I missed ??? The search continues ! 

IMG_0192.JPG

5a5ff842ec099_routinglabels.jpg.ee2edf1fd58a2076fe1d12acf118532a.jpg

Ray- that sticker on your box looks like one of these old USPS routing labels.   They were put on the top piece of mail in a bundle... "S" was for mail all going to the same state.  Colors did vary.

Edited by Tom Geiger

8 minutes ago, Erik Smith said:

Nice - Looking forward to the Toyota van review...

My 240 has been in San Francisco since January 4...?

Its coming, already filmed , just needs to go into post

I am not surprised, mine took a close to two weeks to get here using EMS/USPS

7 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

If you are looking for vinyl tape that bends, Tamiya has some , its very nice.

https://hlj.com/product/TAM87177

Also in sizes 5mm/3mm/12mm

Thanks for the info, but I want really thin tape, even 2mm is way to wide.  I'm really interested in the .4 tape. I know i could always cut my own, but I have no interest in cutting tape down if I can buy it. I've got some 1mm Line O Tape on order but it must be coming on the back of a turtle being led by a snail.  I've been putting off a project until I can find some tape to fit my needs.

Edited by Psychographic

2 minutes ago, Psychographic said:

Thanks for the info, but I want really thin tape, even 3mm is way to wide.  I'm really interested in the .4 tape. I know i could always cut my own, but I have no interest in cutting tape down if I can buy it. I've been putting off a project until I can find some tape to fit my needs.

Ahh, makes sense,  I have those other tapes, but have not used them yet, but I would think they would be easy to bend a little bit.

The courier arrived today  with three more for the stash. It was pleasing to see this issue of the Belvedere has deeper panel lines and the body is nice and square unlike my earlier release Moebius Belvedere that had faint panel lines and a roof that was twisted.

IMG_7011.JPG

Edited by Roncla

12 hours ago, Psychographic said:

Have you used this tape before? If so can you tell me if it bends easily to make a tight radius? Is it a vinyl tape?

I haven't opened it yet. At quick glance it looks like paper, like Tamiya tape. 

I have the Tamiya white vinyl bending tape and it's nice, but this .4mm stuff is super tiny. I'll check it out when I get home. 

3 hours ago, Quick GMC said:

I haven't opened it yet. At quick glance it looks like paper, like Tamiya tape. 

I have the Tamiya white vinyl bending tape and it's nice, but this .4mm stuff is super tiny. I'll check it out when I get home. 

I took a chance and ordered some. I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got this truck kit . It will be done up as a flatbed Cobra hauler from the Carroll Shelby shop. It will be hauling a Cobra in some state of finish but I don't think a complete car. 

IMG_0201.JPG

I knew there had be a Cobra somewhere in this purchase. I love Ford's C Series trucks. And found AMT's kit to be pleasure to build. I'm looking forward to seeing the above kit, with its Cobra load when your done building it. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...