Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Got another Cobra from an ebay purchase. As I was putting it in one of my display cases I discovered I already had this one. I will admit it is getting tough to remember which I have. I will need to check first in the future. :D

hw cobra 001.JPG

Ray, it may be hard but you should put your Cobra collection in your computer for quick reference ..

On 4/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, Mike999 said:

This guy built a 1:1 scale Wallace and Gromit motorcycle\sidecar. 

"Some of the details are guaranteed to raise a smile; for example...low-warning lights for the supply of crackers and cheese."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/8466940/Real-life-Wallace-and-Gromit-a-cracking-combination.html

That's cool.

6 hours ago, mchook said:

My wife found this & thought it would work in my garage diorama. She's right (of course) it's the right size & even works. She picked it up at Toys r Us.

mspac 001.JPG

mspac 003.JPG

Now nothing will get done in that garage!! :lol::lol::lol:

6 minutes ago, Deathgoblin said:

Got a well-sorted, not glue bombed Jo-Han 1969 SC/Rambler.  It's complete and needs a little love.  I'm almost tempted to display it as is until I'm ready to rebuild it.  It's even got the decals!  :)

s-l1600.jpg

Oh absolutely! You know me. I would spend a couple hours cleaning it, touching up the paint if necessary, Silver Sharpie-ing the trim, and painting the black on those Magnum 500 wheels (and I assume the grill could use it, too). It would look great on the shelf until the day I decided to strip it to naked plastic and do it up right--and that day might never come. 

Last year I bought a couple of "project" Scrambers/Americans I'm hoping to get two complete models of some sort out of, probably a gasser and a custom. I WISH either one of them looked as good as this! :blink:

Guess it was big Pontiac week for me.  My LHS finally got in the stock Moebius '61 Catalinas, so I got one of those (been looking forward to that one since they announced it).

Then stopped at Hobby Lobby the other day and got the AMT '62 Catalina "Polyglass Gasser II".  I already have a couple of the original issue stock kits, so I really didn't NEED one of those, but Round 2 gilded the lily well enough to get me to buy it for the custom parts/wheels/tires.

I need to start finding a new way of hiding all these kits from my wife...

On 4/3/2018 at 7:49 PM, Scott Colmer said:

I found another issue of CARtoons from my youth. I been searching for specific articles I remembered, using covers that look familiar. The issue below had the drawing that I remembered ,also below.

Hosted on Fotki

CARtoons and Hot Rod Cartoons figured prominently in my youth as well.  They're where I learned how to render chrome and shiny paint.

CARtoons made a comeback recently, though I'm not sure it's as good as the original https://www.cartoonsmag.com/

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...