Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Attended The Cincinnati Auto Replicas (C.A.R.) show & swap meet today in suburban Cincy. Lots of good stuff in the swap meet, but I’m broke as usual.

picked up the following little unbuilt gem for $5.00? Revell reissue from 1976.

B53322AB-357F-429D-BA60-8ADFBDBBF838.jpeg

39 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Can you tell us more about the Doozy Roadside models above? How are they? And what all comes with them? 

I recommend you watch this excellent review on youtube. The guy bought all of their newest offerings and he's good about showing all of the decals and pieces clearly. Watching this video convinced me these would be good purchases:

32 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

Looks like about $200 worth of goodies!

Almost, but not quite! I searched different vendors online until I found Scale Hobbyist. They definitely had the best prices, especially when taking shipping into account.

Edited by av405

4 hours ago, ToyLvr said:

Attended The Cincinnati Auto Replicas (C.A.R.) show & swap meet today in suburban Cincy. Lots of good stuff in the swap meet, but I’m broke as usual.

picked up the following little unbuilt gem for $5.00? Revell reissue from 1976.

B53322AB-357F-429D-BA60-8ADFBDBBF838.jpeg

Sweet! I recently "found" one of these in my stash. I'm currently working on the AMT '59 and am thinking of building it, and the Revell '58, and the MPC '60, and doing a 4-way comparo. 

Got some new truckkits from ebay.
All exept one from AMT
1: White RoadBoss
2: Diamond Reo
3: White Freightliner
4: International Transtar 4300 Eagle
5: Mack Cruiseliner
6: White Western Star
7: Peterbilt 352 pacemaker
8: Mack DM600
9: Kenworth K-100 aerodyne (revell)

2 hours ago, PierreR89 said:

All exept one from AMT

Nice score!

11 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Went to the flea market again and picked this up because I liked the opening doors and trunk. Why they would mold this in hot pink is beyond me?

Well this one is for parts. The chassis has a good twist in it. On the up side, it has a nicely detailed engine, crank is visible with the pan off, pistons are there. It would make a good engine for a garage diorama! 

Edited by NOBLNG

Local toy show day. Bought another Monogram Slingster and an AMT '66 Impala Modified Stocker. Have never had any AMT '66 Impala kit and I have no interest in building it as a modified stocker, but I'm curious to see what I can do with it to bring it back to at least marginally road-legal condition. Or maybe a custom. 

Got a (relatively) cleanly built '69 Chevelle cheap that should make a good weekend "rescue" project of the kind I love so much. The paint looks good (one of my requirements), but the hood has been cut for 2x4s coming through it, and the incorrect lower body chrome was of course left on. Thinking of turning it into a late '70s street fighter that someone has made from a Malibu with some SS emblems on it (you used to see those things all the time around my town). We'll see how it goes, but I don't think I'll have much trouble getting $5 worth of fun out of it. 

37 minutes ago, slusher said:

Are one of them going to be Danica's rid? I know she was not popular in nascar...

Built it last year, the thread is in the NASCAR section somehwere,   plans for three of them are,   2018 Ryan Blaney, 2018 Kevin Harvick, 2018 Aric A

25845401568_dbde4ae7a5_b.jpg

22 hours ago, PierreR89 said:

All exept one from AMT

Very nice batch..!  I need a AMT Western Star for a project build myself.

16 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Local toy show day. Bought another Monogram Slingster and an AMT '66 Impala Modified Stocker. Have never had any AMT '66 Impala kit and I have no interest in building it as a modified stocker, but I'm curious to see what I can do with it to bring it back to at least marginally road-legal condition. Or maybe a custom. 

Got a (relatively) cleanly built '69 Chevelle cheap that should make a good weekend "rescue" project of the kind I love so much. The paint looks good (one of my requirements), but the hood has been cut for 2x4s coming through it, and the incorrect lower body chrome was of course left on. Thinking of turning it into a late '70s street fighter that someone has made from a Malibu with some SS emblems on it (you used to see those things all the time around my town). We'll see how it goes, but I don't think I'll have much trouble getting $5 worth of fun out of it. 

Good luck on the 66 Impala modified stockers wheel openings Snake...too bad the butchered these in this series like they did.  Me..I wonder what if anything could be used to repair an old factory stock one..???

On 3/1/2018 at 6:18 PM, Casey said:

In the past week I've gotten an AMT 1969 Corvair. An AMT aqua 1965 Pontiac Grand Slam, An AMT ProShop 1962 green Pontiac Catalina and an AMT 1966 Buick Wildcat. And a Revell 1959 Ford Galaxy Hard Top Convertible. I keep buying when I have enough kits to do already. :-)

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:59 AM, disabled modeler said:

Good luck on the 66 Impala modified stockers wheel openings Snake...too bad the butchered these in this series like they did.  Me..I wonder what if anything could be used to repair an old factory stock one..???

Got a chance to take a look at it last night. Was VERY pleasantly surprised to see that the headlights--or at least their rims--are still in the grill. Center part of the grille itself is gone, but I can make a custom tube grille or something there, not a big deal.

I have a '65 body I think I can pull sili-clone molds from to rebuild the wheel openings. But even if not, I don't think they'd be TOO hard to build up with just sheet styrene.

So it's probably too far gone to take back to factory stock, but I'm pretty sure I can get some kind of street bomber out of it. Maybe a Cannonball-type car?

Got some goodies from Spotlight Hobbies. Great, fast service. Can't upload the picture for some reason

Revell 1968 Charger

Revell 1970 Charger

Revell 1957 Ranchero (for my 1957 Country Squire)

Revell 1976 Torino

Revell 1966 Suburban

MPC 1970 SuperBee

Plus dog treats and issue 95 Model Car Journal as bonuses.

Edited by heyjohnxx
typo

20 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Got a chance to take a look at it last night. Was VERY pleasantly surprised to see that the headlights--or at least their rims--are still in the grill. Center part of the grille itself is gone, but I can make a custom tube grille or something there, not a big deal.

I have a '65 body I think I can pull sili-clone molds from to rebuild the wheel openings. But even if not, I don't think they'd be TOO hard to build up with just sheet styrene.

So it's probably too far gone to take back to factory stock, but I'm pretty sure I can get some kind of street bomber out of it. Maybe a Cannonball-type car?

Snake...that is cool then.  I have all the original factory stock versions of them but they all need work and parts before I can restore them...the Buick..Olds...Chevys..Fords.  I never did get a hold of any of the modified stockers so I could see it any of them had anything that could be used on mine.   I had them once as a kid many years ago but memory falls me on it.

Delivered yesterday from Japan.  WARNING:  that Ebbro Citroen H Mobile Kitchen has disappeared from the websites of 2 big online U.S. vendors.  It was there a couple weeks ago, showing as "Out of Stock" (future release).  Now it is gone completely. Another vendor still shows it as "Out of Stock," but I've been checking and it was never in stock.  So I guess it's a limited edition or something???  Some eBay prices for it are already north of US $100, even from foreign vendors.  So if you want one, maybe you better hurry.

The "Patrol Car Set" is for Japanese police cars, but stuff like the traffic cones, ticket caddy and handcuffs (!!!) are pretty universal.

I got both of these from Tokyo-Hobby via eBay.  They have very good prices.  Delivery is usually about 2 weeks. I ordered these on March 23 and they were delivered on April 10.

th1.jpg

th2.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...