Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Nick, you have scored an amazing amount of great project material from these two events. Looks like you've got more than just one winter's worth of building to do.

Bill, Was nice seeing you Yesterday. Yes I've gotten some neat stuff to build!

I see what you did there. B)

I love the wheels (and box art) on the MPC Streaker Vette kit. :wub:

Casey I love the Streakers box art and wheels too even since I saw the box art as a young child.

I can only wish you the best...and that i do..prepare for the worst...and hope for the best....protect yourself and family first...And yes be careful...

Thanks Don. While the media are really still hyping this thing like it will be another Katrina, what I'm seeing with regards to the rain pattern in the storm and the direction it's still going, I don't think this will be as bad as Irene was for us just last year. All the rain and convection in the storm appears to be on the Westward side of the storm and based on its pattern, it looks like my area is just going to get some good wind and not a huge amount of rain. Another thing is that The Weather Channel keeps talking about all the projected paths showing it coming to New Jersey, yet they forget about the one model track that shows it continuing to head northeast and turn AWAY from land. If that one, still being projected as a possibility, track takes place, then we'll get very little if anything.

It's already a bit windy out there and that's taking many of the leaves off of the trees. Heh. I had my lawn cleared out by landscapers just this past Thursday, and all the leaves that have fallen the past couple of days have it all covered again. (Just had a pretty good wind gust come in right now and this storm is still down by the Carolinas).

I just have a feeling that this isn't going to be as bad as they are making it out to be. I'll likely still lose power, but perhaps not for as long as I did last year with Irene. (10-14 days. I can't fully remember how long I was out).

Found these while browsing a antique and consignment shop. The boxes were a mess but it looks to be original issue. $9.00 for the '25 T and he through in the trailers for free. As far as I can tell the T is complete and it had a bunch of extra stuff in it. A full set of Cragers and a bunch of parts for what looks like a 60's Chevy, though I have no idea what kit (anyone?).

The trailers aren't as complete. No amber clear parts for either but aside from that I think all of the Fruehauf Van is there. The Watkins with the reefer unit is missing some rims and the suspension pieces but the reefer parts seem to be there. There's also some damage to the plastic where the tires had melted some of it. Mostly superficial and on areas that could be fixed. Not sure what I'll do with these though.

20121029_115129.jpg

20121029_115157.jpg

20121029_115203.jpg

Extra parts to identify.

20121029_115319.jpg

20121029_115639.jpg

20121029_115706.jpg

Dropped by my local Hobby Lobby today to pick up some 3/32" K&S brass tube but all they had was aluminum tube, so that kind of sucked. Then I walked over to the clearance section to look for bargains and they had Iwata external MAC valves, regularly $29.97, on clearance for $1.07. SCORE!

I have been looking for one of these for ages, but they go too high for me on e-bay.

Got this one from a chap in New Zealand for a good price.

emhar_bedford_kit.jpg

Also got this to go with another glue bomb I have, I now have enough parts to complete one.

001.jpg

Edited by Frank

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Today, I got my power back and the great realization that there is no property damage for me. Today is a calm, sunny, warm day outside and I JUST got my power back about ten minutes ago. I am so happy right now. Last year I went forever without power and it was horrible. Right now I have power while only being out for a short period of time. I am ecstatic. Wow. For any other members here up in the NE quarter of the country, I hope you have been able to survive.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Today, I got my power back and the great realization that there is no property damage for me. Today is a calm, sunny, warm day outside and I JUST got my power back about ten minutes ago. I am so happy right now. Last year I went forever without power and it was horrible. Right now I have power while only being out for a short period of time. I am ecstatic. Wow. For any other members here up in the NE quarter of the country, I hope you have been able to survive.

So pleased to hear you are o.k, the storm and it's aftermath are all over our news channels here in the U.K

Ordered a Scale Auto i/24 th Audi R8 GT3r body kit from the local Slot place. I'll have it in my grubby hands Monday when the order gets it.

I picked it up, and it is as detailed and complete as the other three bodies I have bought,( Porsche GT3 RSR, BMW M3GTR and Jaguar XKR GT3) with a better roll cage to boot. It looks like it will work very nicely on the Revell Audi R8 kit chassis and interior. Now to decide on markings....Patto's in Australia offers several different sheets, though I am hoping they will do the Rolex Grand Am series livery as well.

Got these today ... Got a few more on the way ...

4D7168CC-FC85-4A37-A538-BAA8A6C4700F-8874-00000A39A3D63F85_zpsae9a16b3.jpg

C45ABA25-A2DA-4400-B0E1-874FFCCA9800-8874-00000A39A25019F4_zps20241a26.jpg

EC4A8F8A-5D80-4A8E-9AC7-F2C5891F657F-8874-00000A399DC3137E_zps1c74856b.jpg

Two sealed and one open but bags inside are factory sealed ... Might hold on to them for awhile ... But man I sure would like to build them all ... We will see ... I'm betting they get built ... That's why we buy models right ?

Steve B.

Got these today ... Got a few more on the way ...

4D7168CC-FC85-4A37-A538-BAA8A6C4700F-8874-00000A39A3D63F85_zpsae9a16b3.jpg

C45ABA25-A2DA-4400-B0E1-874FFCCA9800-8874-00000A39A25019F4_zps20241a26.jpg

EC4A8F8A-5D80-4A8E-9AC7-F2C5891F657F-8874-00000A399DC3137E_zps1c74856b.jpg

Two sealed and one open but bags inside are factory sealed ... Might hold on to them for awhile ... But man I sure would like to build them all ... We will see ... I'm betting they get built ... That's why we buy models right ?

Steve B.

Nice hatchback Pinto score, but where are the wagons?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...