Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got these today ... Got a few more on the way ...

4D7168CC-FC85-4A37-A538-BAA8A6C4700F-8874-00000A39A3D63F85_zpsae9a16b3.jpg

C45ABA25-A2DA-4400-B0E1-874FFCCA9800-8874-00000A39A25019F4_zps20241a26.jpg

EC4A8F8A-5D80-4A8E-9AC7-F2C5891F657F-8874-00000A399DC3137E_zps1c74856b.jpg

Two sealed and one open but bags inside are factory sealed ... Might hold on to them for awhile ... But man I sure would like to build them all ... We will see ... I'm betting they get built ... That's why we buy models right ?

Steve B.

That MPC Chrysler Imperial is the same kit I built earlier this year, I've got my eye's on another on eBay ....

Went on a little splurge today. Got a fix of Model Master paints in the 1/2 oz bottles. TWO bottles of each colors, both Enamels and Acrylics. post-10524-0-40590900-1351815311_thumb.j

Enamel colors are as follows : Red Gloss, Marker Yellow, Brown Gloss, Green Gloss, Silver Blue, Field Green Flat, Dark Sea Blue, Flat Yellow, Fire Red Gloss, and Orange Gloss.

Acrylic Colors are War Flesh, Ghoal Flesh, Green Drab, Ogra Green, Goblin Orange, Magical Blue, Kirin Yellow, Standard Navy Grey, Dunkelgrau and Angel Green. Alot of these will work when I dab into the Military WWII Tanks and Armor. Now I can try both Donn Yost and Andys methods both.

Then I got some bottles to put it all in lol. Two oz bottles with the Yorker caps.

post-10524-0-40590900-1351815311_thumb.j

Will be doing some shopping tomorrow kit wise. Hoping to pick up a F1 kit, as well as a couple of Plymouth kits.

Sorry bout the double post of the paint pic dont know why it posted the same pic twice. Sorry.

post-10524-0-14324500-1351815629.jpg

I picked up the 66 Mustang from HobbyLobby with the 40% coupon today, mainly because a post here told of the excellent Polyglas tires in the kit. I will probably trade it off (minus the Polyglas tires) as I have a couple of Mustang kits already (I think, if I can get into the deep storage!).

I also dropped a note to Round2 to plead my case for having the Polyglas tires released as a set separately, similar to the slicks, so I don't have to buy a complete model kit just for some tires.

I tried to get an airbrush hose that would fit my Testors Mighty-Mini air compressor, only to find that the fitting is some mongrol size and has a pilot shoulder at the end of the threads that make any hose fitting ill-fitting.

The airbrush, a Paasche H, has a teeny-tiny thread that nobody makes.

The only alternative I'm left now is to buy a 1/4" thread quick-disconnect for the compressor end of the hose and a new air compressor...

So much for painting this weekend.

Charlie Larkin

Our model club had an auction today. I got a Lindberg Daytona Coupe built up with the wheels from a Fujimi GT40 already installed. It's primered and built clean so it shouldn't be too hard to make into something nice. Plus i got a daisy Duke Jeep and a Ford Thunderbolt Fairlane kit.

Went to local Model Car Show/Contest:

PB030403-vi.jpg

PB030406-vi.jpg

PB030407-vi.jpg

-'59 Dodge Phoenix (JoHan?)

-'64 Ford Thunderbolt By Revell.

-FCMA (Finnish Car Modelers Association) license plates. They are made in the USA and Rik Hoving has been in the making progress.

-4 Chevy Big Blocks. Two of them are with Blower.

-One Funny Car Hemi with Blower.

-About 14/71 Blower, made from Metal.

-Some spark plug wire harness.

-Racing Seatbelt material with buckles and belt.

-Photo Etch Carburetor details.

-Two rear axles.

-One Hood scoop.

-4 Pairs of slicks, mostly 9" wide.

-Centerline wheels

-Hemi Thunder decals.

Too much! Sea freight was just over $2000 to Auckland. If I add in import duties and clearance etc, compliance testing for roadworthyness etc, total cost came to about 2/3 of the purchase price of the car! Still, it was cheaper than buying here in NZ

This may sound weird, but I just got back from the hospital after a severe aggravation of a Groin Strain. Was just cleaning up around the house when I made a sudden lateral movement to my left, and the pain in my left groin I've been putting up with for the past 6 months just became unbearable. I HATE doing it, but I had to go to the E.R. since at 1:00 A.M. on a Sunday Morning, there will never be a walk-in clinic open. (I was cleaning up around the house as I had moved stuff around earlier in the day and saw all the dust sitting around here. So I tried to clean things up when the incident happened). I was in a ton of pain and couldn't fall asleep, so that's why I went to the E.R. Amazingly, because of Daylight Savings time, I left the E.R. before I got there. :D I arrived at 1:30, and left at 1:29. Turns out I have a Grade 2 strain of my left groin muscle that I've had since mid May, but aggravated this past night. I was happy when the doctor who examined me said that there's nothing super damaging here and that physical therapy has a 75% chance of clearing this up. But she also said that groin injuries can take over a year to heal since it's a part of the body that can't be fully rested unless you are immobilized. I was able to ensure that I wasn't prescribed any opioid medications since I'm too tolerant to those after so many injuries in the past, and that I'd rather not go to sleepy-fantasy land after taking them. I was only given some Naproxen to reduce inflammation and a muscle relaxer (not Cyclobenzaprine) to release the tension in the area.

It sucks that I'm hurt, but I still have my insurance to cover the E.R. visit. No x-rays, CT Scans, or MRIs were done so the visit will be fully covered. Also, due to the Daylight Savings Time change, I wasn't able to have insurance cover the prescriptions. :( Thankfully, they were generics so it only cost me $30. :) I just hope this heals soon. I survived Hurricane Sandy, but don't need some nagging groin injury to keep me out of commission. These things don't feel good.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...