Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

14 minutes ago, RSchnell said:

Trying to fill the gaps in my VW kit collection! Still need a couple more.

IMG_20240315_204825683.jpg

Nice.. I've always had a soft spot for VWs of any configuration. My brother and dad had several and my Dads uncle owned and operated a '66 Kombi w/ 1600 single port w/ its governor and oil bath air cleaner still in use for the 29 1/2 years he had it. It was originally owned by the U.S. Gov. and commissioned as a mail delivery van on a Marine base somewhere near Baltimore, MD until 1971 when Uncle Fred purchased it with 69,032 miles on her. He drove it up and down the East coat sight seeing and camping. Never knew the total miles it racked up over the years. It was purchased by an individual who also owns a 23- window Deluxe. Nice to know it was saved!

20240315_210102(1).jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rocketman455 said:

Got this today. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not familiar with this brand or any Japanese kits for that matter. The boat and trailer is what intrigued me. Box is alitte rough but all contents were complete and sealed inside.  20240315_160516.thumb.jpg.647a62a1c65409c1bb213705252151c3.jpg

I'd love to have this kit, the boat looks cool and I'd forgotten about those cars. I wonder how many of the 1:1 Arrows still exist in the world?

20 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

Here's a Doyusha kit also of the same subject. I had just bought a 1980 AMC Spirit hatchback from the dealers when I laid eyes on the Plymouth Fire Arrow.. 😡 

Screenshot_20240316-090458(1).png

It's the same kit, pretty sure Doyusha wound up with all (or almost all) of the old LS molds. They reissue the stuff on a very irregular basis, but they're still in business.

On 3/15/2024 at 6:21 PM, Jack L said:

nice find , now I need me one where did you find it

I found it at a Goodwill store of all places. 

Alittle more detail, both the car and the boat can be motorized and all motors and electrical parts are included. While the kit is 1/24, the car seems a bit small to be pulling a boat that size. 

• Like 1