Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got this on the way home last night.

255542_1681976058543_1511823496_31268258_6171034_n.jpg

First time ever paying more than a $1000 for a car.

Mmmmm. How'd ya sneak it into the hobbie room?? B)

Nice looking car.

Nice spray booth seeker589

I just one of those too

Exhausted out the window.

0430111848a.jpg

I picked up a Badger water trap, AMT '62 T-Bird, as well as a few rc car parts yesterday then picked up a AMT '70 Cornet, a new rear muffler hanger for my XJ (broke it last week and have it hung with bailing wire at the moment :unsure: )and ordered a new Magnaflow 2.5" muffler and cat for the Jeep too. I'm going to try and install the hanger on the truck Wed then take it to a local shop and have them install the cat, muffler, and bend up a 2.5" tailpipe for it.

Got this on the way home last night.

255542_1681976058543_1511823496_31268258_6171034_n.jpg

First time ever paying more than a $1000 for a car.

nice ride. do you know the color code for the paint or what color its called I've been wanting to paint my 78 z28 that color.

Got this in the mail today.

IMG_20110528_120344.jpg

Who'd ya get that from?

Cab and interior looks good, Chassis looks a little plain?

How does it look in person?

I Got these lately.

P5270005.jpg

Wheels came with the Colt from Ebay.

P5270004.jpg

And on a 775 mile (round trip) trip last weekend I stopped at a LHS and picked up a Portable Paascha spray booth.

paaschespraybooth.jpg

And

0528112040.jpg

Thought I'd give the Brush on Primer a shot and grab what Tamiya Primer I can find. :)

Edited by RodneyBad

IMG_20110528_120344.jpg

Who'd ya get that from?

I was wondering that myself, and does the bed come with it also?

I'd guess the chassis looks plain because to me it looks like a modified kit chassis. It looks like a section was added to the stock AMT kit frame for the added length of the cab.

nice ride. do you know the color code for the paint or what color its called I've been wanting to paint my 78 z28 that color.

I dont know the color code that Mitsubishi uses, I know its in the VIN somewhere, but I dont know how it breaks down. I can tell you that the GM color that comes close to it is atomic orange metallic, and that my car looks more red in the picture than orange....it really is orange. The GM color you can get from Scalefinishes.com, and he seems to be able to make any color you want, I'm sure even the Mitsubishi shade. I got a bottle of VW Mars Red from him, and it wasnt on the site till I asked for it.

I dont know the color code that Mitsubishi uses, I know its in the VIN somewhere, but I dont know how it breaks down. I can tell you that the GM color that comes close to it is atomic orange metallic, and that my car looks more red in the picture than orange....it really is orange. The GM color you can get from Scalefinishes.com, and he seems to be able to make any color you want, I'm sure even the Mitsubishi shade. I got a bottle of VW Mars Red from him, and it wasnt on the site till I asked for it.

This would be for my 1:1 78 z28. I was going to use the GM atomic orange but a friend of mine just painted his 30something chevy that color and I've passed a few Mitsubishi that are the same color as yours and I just think it looks way better than any other orange I've seen lately.

What year is your car? maybe i can go to my local Mitsu. parts dept and ask what colors where that year.

thanks

This would be for my 1:1 78 z28. I was going to use the GM atomic orange but a friend of mine just painted his 30something chevy that color and I've passed a few Mitsubishi that are the same color as yours and I just think it looks way better than any other orange I've seen lately.

What year is your car? maybe i can go to my local Mitsu. parts dept and ask what colors where that year.

thanks

Mine's a 2008 SE.

Who'd ya get that from?

How does it look in person?

Its an All American Models peice. Got it on Ebay. Its very nicely done. And yes, its a stretched chassis from the longbed kit. The bed is from the snap street machine, the guy just threw it in.

Its an All American Models peice. Got it on Ebay. Its very nicely done. And yes, its a stretched chassis from the longbed kit. The bed is from the snap street machine, the guy just threw it in.

ooooh nice, I've got one of AAM's ext cabs on it's way. Might have to track down a Crew cab.

Nick

Actually scored this yesterday but I found an AMT # 6218 1970 Corvette LT-1 / ZR-1 kit at a local flea market for $13 bucks. A seller on fleabay is tryin to sell one for 40 so I'm pretty happy. One more year Vette marked off my collection list. WooHoo!!!!

Not today, but on Saturday I went to lowes and picked up a can of Rustoluem Colorshift spray paint in Galaxy Blue... It waz $13.97; a tad pricey, but better than tracking down the now-defunked Duplicolor Mirage stuff. I haven't tired it out yet, but I've used other Rustoleum colors and had great suscuss with them over the paints I use, so I think it will work fine.

No pics of what I got, but here's a link to Rustoluem's website for the product they have:

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=463

So far i've seen it at Lowes. Other retailers that stock Rustolum brands may carry the Colorshift paint, but the price may vary by retailer.

Not today, but on Saturday I went to lowes and picked up a can of Rustoluem Colorshift spray paint in Galaxy Blue... It waz $13.97; a tad pricey, but better than tracking down the now-defunked Duplicolor Mirage stuff. I haven't tired it out yet, but I've used other Rustoleum colors and had great suscuss with them over the paints I use, so I think it will work fine.

No pics of what I got, but here's a link to Rustoluem's website for the product they have:

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=463

So far i've seen it at Lowes. Other retailers that stock Rustolum brands may carry the Colorshift paint, but the price may vary by retailer.

Only $13.97, when I bought mine it was $19.97!!!

Trust me though, you will love it! I painted my custom truck with the Galaxy Blue, and the frame of it is also painted with the Atomic?? Green. If you want to get a taste for what it will look like, check out my WIP thread.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28849

Got this at an auction Tuesday. The photo is from the internet. Mine is sealed.

WEB_SHOTS_3-28-2005_AIRCRAFT_ARMOR_065.jpg

I was recently told auctions are a great place to find older and cheap models. I went not expecting to find anything but I walked out with some 70's plane kits and the Peterbuilt. Problem with auctions you bid on stuff you don't really want or need.

Edited by ra7c7er

Horrible disappointment today. Bought a Minicraft Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud that was advertised as 1/16, as opposed to their normal lousy 1/24 kit (sworn to by the seller as being 1/16, not 1/24). Well, the BOX said 1/16, but open it up and it's the same POS 1/24, unfortunately with a mislabeled box (see below). Seller gave me a $15 credit, which brings it back into the going rate for the 1/24 kit, but it's so bad I'll probably never build it. If I really wanted a 1/24 Silver Cloud for my shelf, I'd get the Franklin Mint version. But, boy, I thought this would be cool at 1/16. [ignore the woody stuff – that's just a decal]

Picture1-4.png

I'm guessing this is the same kit I built back around 1960 that was issued by Hubley, with straight metal axles and an indistinguishable blob for an engine. I brush-painted it chocolate brown and was very proud of it. Unfortunately, in preparation for the 1/16, I've downloaded tons of Silver Cloud reference material and even bought an expensive parts/service manual for the entire Silver Cloud series.

Picture3-1.png

Edited by sjordan2

Finally got home to paw through the box of kits I got doing a deal with Dave (Double D)...when I show her the kit you tossed in as a bonus, she looked at it and went what's a Cuda? I weeped... :lol:

LoL...heck, most of my non-modeler friends and coworkers would say the same thing...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...