Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

wreckless, that is deffinitly a good day. lots of good stuff. i was looking at both the subi and mitsu kits on evilbay just a few minutes ago.

thanks mate. both kits appear to be good kits. nice moldings. not too many pieces since they are both curbside kits. the subi comes with a real nice set of volk te37 rims

Found one of the MotorMax 2011 Ford Police Interceptor "Concept" diecasts at a Wal*Mart in Nebraska. Same all black, slicktop one as discussed in the thread about them in the "What's New" section. Now if I could only find my flippin' Phillips head screw driver so I can take this little plastic base of it ;):D

Guest Johnny

Got the VW Samba Bus at Hobby Lobby yesterday afternoon! The 40% off coupons are a great thing!B)

Had this kit years ago (when it was first released) and made a shorty out of it when the side door hinges got broke!

Now I hope to build it 100% stock!

Its 1/35

Darn, I had images of "Death Race" stlye builds running through my brain! ;):P:lol:

That is the kit you need for the guns that would work for Frankenstein's 'Stang from the movie or you can find a couple of M-163A1 Vulcan kits in 1/35 for the guns.

nice little kit, M. Stoneman!

I got a great surprise this morning from my boss, he brought me in a Jo-Han 64 Dodge super stock that he thinks is all there except the wheels and tires along with a Dale Sr. Monte Carlo/Grand Prix double pack open box untouched. The best part of it all was the price of free as he said he would never build them.

http://public.fotki.com/jakemilburn/models/

I got a great surprise this morning from my boss, he brought me in a Jo-Han 64 Dodge super stock that he thinks is all there except the wheels and tires along with a Dale Sr. Monte Carlo/Grand Prix double pack open box untouched. The best part of it all was the price of free as he said he would never build them.

http://public.fotki....milburn/models/

Now that's a heck of a deal! Can I get an application?;)

Well while sitting on the stoop waiting for our club's leader to arrive (late but with good reason) One of my fellow club members gave me these, Ron thought I could use them, his exact words "Thought you'd use them, I've had them for a while now and somebody gave them to me"

FILE0626.jpg

FILE0628.jpg

Time to crack open another Crown Vic I guess :lol:

On my birthday, My wife bought me 4 of the C.O.P.O '69 Novas , 2 Cans of Duplicolor filler primer, A can of Hamsted Green, Perfect match for the 1968 Grecian Green GM Used that year, And a can of Bahama Blue, Close match to the Lemans Blue of the same vintage, I already have one of the '69 Novas coverted to the 1968 Pontiac Acadian, I painted it the green, All I have left to do on that is Bare Metal the trim, And add the photoetch emblems, All I had left from that photoetch set was the Acadian emblems from an earlier build based on the AMT Kit that was broke during my move, I don't have anything else , I have been looking for the Chevy II emblem from that 68-69 Model Car Garage set to make a 68 Nova, All I need is the hood trim badge that says Chevy II ,And the trunk emblem. If anyone has a spare that they are not going to use, I sure could use those to make a 68. Send me a PM If you have these .

Just picked up a few John Gunnell car guides and catalogs from Amazon. Two of those I paid less than $6.00 total for (slightly older books, still they're great reference guides...), AND I picked up the uber-expensive Standard Catalog American Cars 1946-1975 off eBay for $9.00 including shipping! Amazon wants $160.00 NEW for this book, $70.00 used!

FILE0628.jpg

Time to crack open another Crown Vic I guess B)

Sharp looking Decals Nick..

I stopped by One of my LHS and this caught my Eye for some Odd Reason.

P6170001.jpg

And a Few Tamiya Paints.

P6170004.jpg

Soo I got a Pearl Clear. Now what is it Exactly and what colors can I use it over and any special

Way to use it??

Thanks.

That's a really cool kit. Which LHS had it?

Here's my build of it:

DSCN0772.jpg

That looks really good.

Looks like the doors will open too.

It just looked like a Really Cute car I had to have.

I picked it up from a Hobbytown USA I was near (one of 2)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...