Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Had a 40% off coupon for Micheal's, so I got the AMT '66 Olds Cutlass 442...$13 and change. Wish they had a better selection. But, you know how that goes...wish in one hand, and........... IMG_3527.jpgAlso noticed that the front driver side tire on the Dodge had a gouge in the sidewall down to the cords. So, being that the tires were about worn out anyway, I had a new set of BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A's put on. Had them on another truck before and was pretty happy with them...bring on the snow. Next...a complete brake job...before it snows of course. Sitting for around 11 months took its toll on them. Guess I was lucky to get the truck home with no trouble.IMG_3529.jpgIMG_3528.jpgForgot, I sanded down some rusty areas and repainted the back bumper, the metal part of course, before it rusted through.IMG_3530.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

Sold my old 2 Ton stands and Bought these new 3 Ton stands, After it was all Said and done the upgrade cost me $1. Now for them to end up under my car.

GEDC3514.jpg

Nick

Edit: also Went and met with a guy who would like to Commission me to Build around 40 Nascar kits for him.

Edited by Nick Winter

Nice shop dude. That is gonna be one awesome man cave ha. If I had access to something like that Id probably end up divorced because Id turn that into my mini apartment and be spending 99.5 % of my time there lol. Nice stuff man. Post pics after you have it entirely finished and decorated.

Went to one of my LHS's today. They recently bought a collection of newer and vintage kits and are slowly putting them out on the shelves. The GMC Syclone was just put out and of course I snatched it up. I also picked up "The Weathering Magazine" Issue 1 that they also just got in. Paid a little more than the cover price, because that's what they paid for each...they're sold out. But, I didn't pay what they were asking. I happened to notice their mistake by not covering up the cover price with their price sticker. So the owner cut their price for me, but I bet all the other magazines are fixed now.IMG_3531.jpg

Don't have any photos and this may not be modeling related, but in the mail I got the two electronic mouse traps I had been looking for. I've had a mouse infestation for a few weeks now, and these little buggers have been taking the bait from my traps and running off without setting them off. So I got these electronic traps that are supposed to electrocute the mice. Well, I went out for dinner and when I got back the two traps had both captured a mouse. I got the little buggers! FINALLY! I am so happy that I finally nabbed these two creatures. I know there's more, but I'm now up to 5 in my recent catch numbers. It has taken some time, but no longer am I being awoken by a mouse running through the walls, or running right out in front of me while watching TV. YES! Sorry I'm so happy, but these things have evaded me for some time and I FINALLY got them!

From a local flea market. I haven't checked, but they're all supposed to be complete.

I think we have a new leader in the "best score" category. They look to be mostly '60s vintage, too. Love that '56 Ford pickup original box art. :wub:

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...