Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up a few more yesterday and today -

Bought the Tamiya BMW M635CSI and Tamiya Porsche 959 kits from ebay for $16.00 plus shipping. The boxes on both kits have some wear on them but the parts bags are all sealed. The 959 is missing the tires which was noted on the ebay listing so i'll have to find some replacements.

IMG_20121023_162750.jpg

IMG_20121023_162238.jpg

Found this lot on craigslist..seller was looking for $10 a piece. I offered $35 and he accepted. All of them are sealed with the exception of the Z28 but the parts bags are sealed.

IMG_20121023_163305.jpg

Found these 2 on Craigslist as well, open boxes but parts bags sealed. $10 for the Mercedes and $15.00 for the Porsche -

IMG_20121023_162419.jpg

IMG_20121023_163455.jpg

Edited by ForcedAWD

I've been racking up on hobby lobby's clearance paint and cars, over the past few weeks I've bought several cans of paint.

Visiting San Antonio I've bought a 48 woody for under 10 a 2010 mustang for 9. And here's the big one

1/8th scale T bucket for the big price of 35 no coupon. It was clearanced

Found this at a yard sale this morning for .50. thought at first it was still sealed, but got it home and found it is missing one tire and part of the decal sheet. Everything else is there and still attached to the trees. Even has the instruction sheet! Not sure where the decal sheet came from?

Edited by signguy2108

Found this at a yard sale this morning for .50. thought at first it was still sealed, but got it home and found it is missing one tire and part of the decal sheet. Everything else is there and still attached to the trees. Even has the instruction sheet! Not sure where the decal sheet came from?

I'll give you double what you paid.

Kevorkian brothers? Probably a sick joke in that somewhere.

Didn't get anything modeling related today. Just got, what now appears to be 100% confirmation that things are going to get absolutely horrible out here early next week. Two feet of rain and sustained winds of over 70 mph here in SE, Connecticut. Looks like I'll be without power for at least a week like I was with the hurricane last year, but now I get this disgusting, sick feeling that there will be significant wind damage. Without having a job, I simply cannot afford severe damage to my property. Two feet of rain over a 36 hour period will cause massive flooding in my basement which would likely cause severe damage to my house. Of course homeowner's insurance does not cover flooding, and since I don't live in a flood prone area and it takes once in a lifetime storms like this one to do flood damage, I don't pay the exhorbinantly higher fees to include flood insurance.

Don't know why, but I just feel like things are going to be terrible for me. :(

I bought a few things online today....I bought a set of Aoshima Werfen GT-03 20" wheels for the Fast and the Furious Supra kit (they are much closer in size than the included Racing Hart M5's that are under-sized for the kit)

vip78.jpg

10070334n.jpg

I also bought a 1/12 single carb setup from TDR Innovations for my 1/12 '69 Camaro.

350SBC1x4bblcatalog2-vi.jpg

IMG_5012-vi.jpg

I also ordered a Tamiya Skyline 2000GT-R Hard top kit from the LHS as well!

415919_101116050724_tam24194.jpg

Didn't get anything modeling related today. Just got, what now appears to be 100% confirmation that things are going to get absolutely horrible out here early next week. Two feet of rain and sustained winds of over 70 mph here in SE, Connecticut. Looks like I'll be without power for at least a week like I was with the hurricane last year, but now I get this disgusting, sick feeling that there will be significant wind damage. Without having a job, I simply cannot afford severe damage to my property. Two feet of rain over a 36 hour period will cause massive flooding in my basement which would likely cause severe damage to my house. Of course homeowner's insurance does not cover flooding, and since I don't live in a flood prone area and it takes once in a lifetime storms like this one to do flood damage, I don't pay the exhorbinantly higher fees to include flood insurance.

Don't know why, but I just feel like things are going to be terrible for me. :(

I can only wish you the best...and that i do..prepare for the worst...and hope for the best....protect yourself and family first...And yes be careful...

Re: WHAT DID YOU GET TODAY?

« Reply #3294 Yesterday at 7:37pm » quote.png modify.png delete.png The Contract with the Contractor for tleaveling our old house and Building our new House where the old one was before the Fire. He said he should have the new house completed by the end of Febuary, so we can move in. I will have a 16'x 16' workshop/Hobby room in the new house!

A new smart T.V., with a 3d Blue Ray and 1000 Watt Suround Sound.

New Dremel Tool! « Last Edit: Yesterday at 7:39pm by ragnar »

Went to the Ajax 32 show today.

GEDC3614.jpg

Interior stuff

GEDC3618.jpg

MPC Blackbird everything but the box.

GEDC3617.jpg

Got this free, was kinda neat

GEDC3616.jpg

Got 3rd place for my Impala, I was surprised thought that the others would have won.

GEDC3619.jpg

After the show I went to Toronto and picked these up:

GEDC3615.jpg

Nick

Edited by Nick Winter

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...