Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

My wife got me a nice big ol comfy robe. My parents gave us a skyline chili gift card and 50 bucks each...LHS action there! As for plastic, we got our yongest girls plenty of barby, monster high stuff to keep me in clear window sheets for a while!

Merry Christmas all!

1:570 scale of the titanic, 1:48 scale p-51 mustangB/C, 1:72 scale FAU-1 Corsair plus money for an badger patorit airbrush i been wanting. Santa was very good to me this year.

001_zpsa0c97332.jpg

Jokers goon car, 1941 chevy pickup, and rosco's police car

002_zps49d5eecd.jpg

Batman forever and Batman & Robin batmobiles revell 1:25 scale

003_zps971d95f9.jpg

43 bottles of model master paint, 2 cans of grey primer, Tamiya extra thin cement, #2 xacto knife

004_zps427fe32b.jpg

The kids got me a hotwheel VW and a $50 debit card for use at the LHS. Today I picked up the 75 Gremlin and the Revell 57 Ford kit. I just kinda quickly glanced at the 57 grille and I was impressed with the clean mold of that. I've never noticed the strong chemical smell from a kit before and the Ford made my eyes water.

Sorry this post is not "on time" but for Christmas I got Modelhaus 1958 Ford kit with the skirts, conv. boot + uptop, and full continental kit. I treated myself for Christmas.... I have plans to do this up as a late 50's Custom, but the type of Customs that were done at the time by people with "low budgets".... I'm gonna make it look like someone threw a J.C. Whitney catalogue at it to see what parts would stick.... strictly a bolt-on Custom.

I also got the complete Modelhaus resin interior for a '56 Oldsmobile Promo that I've had for a long time, and I'm still chewing on ideas for it.

i got other non-modeling stuff from my family, but you guys don't want to hear about that stuff. I'm hoping that everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

10,000 firecrackers. 10 packs of 1,000 each. It's New Year's and my brother is back home from Washington state. We'll set them off simultaneously. I'll see if I can make a video and post it.

Oh yeah- I also got a Jetsons spaceship off ebay. I just want it for the clear canopy. I want to build a Weesner-inspired hover car. Anybody want the leftovers? I'm just not into the Jetsons.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...