Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

For the 1:1 and a subtle look...matte black HEMI Hockey Stick bed stripes with the honeycomb detail to match the front grille. Let the "black-out" begin! And yes, my Ram is already black.

Those are really nice Andy. I like them. Show a picture after you install them...

I went to a quilt show with my wife on Saturday. One vendor was selling swatches of upholstery material that he got when a manufacturer went out of business. I picked up two squares of nice, soft leather for a buck. Now, I get to learn how to "skiv", and the results will be used in my AMT '57 Ford. Working doors and the smell of leather!

I didn't get nothing today or yesterday..Got maybe a sunburn on my head driving my convertible out of town about 50 miles..(64 Fury Convertible) Just want to say this topic is one I look forward to every day..Its nice to see some obscure kits I've never seen and some things people can find at garage/flee markets..Enjoy this topic very much..Please keep it going....

Got two little gems off ebay. As if I dont have enough to do.

I was trying to get these 5 mustangs that were on there, but the bidding went to $50 and I was out like swimwear in the winter.

First was a Chevy stepside truck. I thought it was neat, paid a little more than I wanted to, but I really wanted it for a project.

_57_zpsb0cbdec5.jpg

_571_zps8e4ad715.jpg

Then I bought this lonely, plain looking little '40 Ford coupe. Won the auction completely unchallenged. I dont think I'm going to do much with it, I like it just the way it is. I may add a little bit of weathering to go with a patina'd look.

_575_zps58a48454.jpg

_577_zps41e5e936.jpg

So, for the truck... I'm thinking....

maxresdefault1_zpsb9806bfa.jpg

Hey all,I found a Lindberg 32 Ford Street Pickup,sealed for a good price(I think).

What do you all thnk of the kit.

I don't know weather to open it and add it to my stash or resell it.

I paid only $3 for it.

Ant pics of it built or trees?

I looked in search,but,came up empty.

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/gbdolfans/media/DSCN8990_3185_zps3d846a29.jpg.html

Edited by gbdolfans

ROADKILL! Muscle truck ftw!

Roadkill has pretty much inspired many of my future kit builds!

I just need to cut the grille out since its a newer style grille, and find something w/ an older eggcrate grille to graft it in, like the Muscle Truck has.

I just need to cut the grille out since its a newer style grille, and find something w/ an older eggcrate grille to graft it in, like the Muscle Truck has.

I want to build the General Mayhem soon.. Does anyone make a motorhome kit haha

Hey all,I found a Lindberg 32 Ford Street Pickup,sealed for a good price(I think).

What do you all thnk of the kit.

I don't know weather to open it and add it to my stash or resell it.

I paid only $3 for it.

Ant pics of it built or trees?

I looked in search,but,came up empty.

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/gbdolfans/media/DSCN8990_3185_zps3d846a29.jpg.html

I have that Lindberg kit and was just looking at it the other night. Might be able to build it without the fender assembly if you wanted. The roof is straight vertical, perfect for chopping. Two options for the bed if I remember right. I doubt it's worth much. I'd build it.

Jesse the truck would be a great fit for the truck you scored. Does any kit have the 73 /74 grill like the truck in the picture??

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...