Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The 77 Celica is another kit I've been searching for, I owned one of these back in the 80s, the only downside with this kit is it's motorised, but that won't stop me building a replica of my old car!

Cool! I've always been a Celica fan ever since a teacher of mine took me for a spirited ride in 1972. I own a 1995 Celica GT convertible. I have bought all the Celica kits I have seen. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

Cool! I've always been a Celica fan ever since a teacher of mine took me for a spirited ride in 1972. I own a 1995 Celica GT convertible. I have bought all the Celica kits I have seen. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

Off topic,,Tom your avatar pic is too funny! lol Love it!

We got our new Sleep Number bed on Friday. We have slept in it two nights and it's pretty cool. First, we got a king size, much bigger than our old bed so it is great to have a lot more room. It's so wide that it looks square! The past two nights we've been playing with the settings, trying to find the most comfort. Salesman said it would take a week or two to totally figure it out.

Now the fun part... the bed is connected into our wide area network! Nothing like having a bed on the Internet. I can check in from my computer or phone ap and see how we slept last night. Complete analysis. It even tells you how many times you got up in the night. My wife thinks someone is watching! :lol:

I got the Academy Hyundai Azera (WOO HOO) on Friday night for FREE in the raffle at my local model meeting, also got a Tamiya S2000 kit for $10.00, a Fujimi Lexus SC400 kit (roof was collapsed.....I already made it into a convertible) but only paid $5.00 for it, and a Tamiya Skyline GTR parts kit for free from a friend.

Saturday at the KKIM show I scored: Tamiya Calsonic GTR kit for $15.00, a ROG Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano for $10.00, Revell Civic tuner kit for $5.00, a bag of 911 Turbo kit for $3.00, AMT 1957 Chevy Stepside all in one kit (free in the raffle.)

ALL IN ALL, a great weekend for kits!!

I have checked 3 stores and cannot find the midget racer!!!!! I'm getting frustrated!

I did go to another Ollies and use my 10% off coupon and got another superbird, another Ramcharger dodge, and a 66 GT350.

Also won this on ebay. Been wanting a 49 ford for custom work/top chop....

_3-1_zpsixrt3ikp.jpeg

Looks like its falling apart/missing parts... but its all good.

I got the Academy Hyundai Azera (WOO HOO) on Friday night for FREE in the raffle at my local model meeting, also got a Tamiya S2000 kit for $10.00, a Fujimi Lexus SC400 kit (roof was collapsed.....I already made it into a convertible) but only paid $5.00 for it, and a Tamiya Skyline GTR parts kit for free from a friend.

Saturday at the KKIM show I scored: Tamiya Calsonic GTR kit for $15.00, a ROG Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano for $10.00, Revell Civic tuner kit for $5.00, a bag of 911 Turbo kit for $3.00, AMT 1957 Chevy Stepside all in one kit (free in the raffle.)

ALL IN ALL, a great weekend for kits!!

Must be one good friend you have there

After all this talk about Ollie's, I took a trip over there. Picked up three Lindberg Dodge Charger police cars, which was a great score, and a Revell '62 Chevrolet Hardtop for a convertible conversion. The price they were offering was great, but I had everything else on their "blowout" section, and besides, I don't have the space for any more kits. They will do fine, as the kits they had are good for filling holes in a collection, and for parts kits. If I had a kid or a friend who was a budding modeler, I would bring them there.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...