Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Brought a Firestone Rolling Stones pickup on line, thinking it was a repop, at £20. I was going to use it as a zombie hunter armed pickup kind of thing. It arrived today and it is a mint original '79 amt matchbox release.Now I'm in a quandary,do I just go ahead and build it as a beater, or get another later one? Not that fussed, it's just I feel a bit bad about chopping about a 36 year old kit....

whats this Rolling Stones truck? got a photo?

wish they would license a Rolling Stones mobile recording truck like they recorded exile on main street with and many many on site recordings, even mentioned in smoke on the water deep purple, but most famous for being the recording studio for Bob Marley and the Wailers Live.

I got my Tamiya Gull Wing today along with an upgrade PE set, along with another Suzuki Cappichino to use the interior (this one has roll bar and two sparco seats) on my build-in-progress.

jb

whats this Rolling Stones truck? got a photo?

Not Rolling Stones like the band..I would assume it is the AMT '79 Ford pickup kit...both the original annual and recent reissue have box art and decals with the Firestone 'Super Stones' livery..a 1:1 was in a tire promotion sweepstakes in 78-79.....

Edited by Rob Hall

Brought a Firestone Rolling Stones pickup on line, thinking it was a repop, at £20. I was going to use it as a zombie hunter armed pickup kind of thing. It arrived today and it is a mint original '79 amt matchbox release.Now I'm in a quandary,do I just go ahead and build it as a beater, or get another later one? Not that fussed, it's just I feel a bit bad about chopping about a 36 year old kit....

It's your kit- do as you please. You got a screaming deal on it, and since that kit was just reissued, the early versions likely won't jump up in value any time soon. It's not like some important piece of history will be lost if you make it into a zombie hunter... and this is coming from a guy who had enough of the whole "zombie" thing ages ago. :)

In today's mail I got Monogram's Chaparral 2D Daytona coupe with pre-painted figure. A very simple kit, designed more with slot car racing in mind, rather a static model. But, nice none the less.

2 days ago I got another AMT '32 Ford Model b roadster. Plan to build one stock this time.

Scott

Got this really cool Dodge Challenger off EBay that somebody built to look like a Hotwheel. Whoever did it, did a very nice job! Cream colored interior, purple exterior. The chassis is promo type and is painted silver to represent the plated chassis of a Hotwheel. The axles are even thin wire like a Hotwheel would have! What's cool is it goes right along with my Redline Club 1/24 Camaro and Mustang that Mattel issued a year or two ago.post-2928-0-02916000-1433625957_thumb.jppost-2928-0-45858100-1433625972.jpg

I won an auction for this one. Open box but untouched. So much nostalgia, since it's the first kit I can remember that

I bought all by myself.

blackgold_1.jpg

That's awesome! I remember seeing kits like this on the shelves when I was a little kid. Made me want to try my hand at modeling so badly

Edited by mini trucker

After ordering a set of decals for the Ebbro Renault 4's, I only had the one Fourgonette in the stash, thought I had better grab another, so I can use more of the decal set,

Where did you get the decal sheet from?, I like it and would like to get a sheet.

Edited by martinfan5

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...