Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

A very close friend of mine passed away last month and left these projects to me.

The '62 Monterey will probably get stripped and repainted due to the glue damage from the skirts. The '63 Marauder will get cleaned and the loose parts glued back on. I have some replacement spotlights, mirrors and antennas for it.

The AMT '64 Fairlane will will most likely get an injected Ford small block as that was my friends plan for his rebuild. I'll be needing one bucket seat for it as it only came with one.

The '64 Corvette's just need some cleaning, minor repairs and replacement rims for the damaged ones.

When I get to them I'll most likely post them as WIP's

041-crop.JPG

042-crop.JPG

043-crop.JPG

046-crop.JPG

050-crop.JPG

051-crop.JPG

052-crop.JPG

Sorry to hear about your friend Frank....looks like nice projects.

Thanks Mark. I don't know when I'll get to them but I hope to have a couple of them ready to display at the Goodguys Charlotte model show in October.

Frank...its nice to see the older models and kits...reminds me of much younger better days...I am sure you will do them justice.  I have some of my dads oldies to restore once I find the parts they need..he had some really cool nice stuff shame they cant or don't re-issue them again. 

Flea market find this Morning i go out to the market just about every weekend looking for kits it a hit and miss but some times a get very luck. Today we did ok 

couple older kits ?

image.jpg

Nice! I had the II too, way back when.

Flea market find this Morning i go out to the market just about every weekend looking for kits it a hit and miss but some times a get very luck. Today we did ok 

couple older kits ?

image.jpg

couple older kits ?

image.jpg

Thanks ? Little tire burn on the hood from the years of sitting nothing a little putty and sanding can't fix ?

XJ6?

Normally don't bother posting pics of my latest, since it's usually just new stuff, but I'm pretty excited about my latest find.

Stopped in at one of the local antique stores.  One seller there usually has a couple promos for sale in their booth.  Almost always '90s Camaros, Corvettes, etc.  Never anything of interest to me, and nothing pre-1980.

Imagine my surprise when I walked up to his display case and came face to face with one of my holy grails: a '68 Impala SS427 hardtop promo.  Body has a couple scuffs, and the bumpers need to be rechromed.  Also has swapped out wheels and tires (wouldn't be surprised if the originals had the dreaded MPC tire melt).

Main thing for me is that the body is straight and intact.  I can live with the imperfections since it was only $50!  Been on the lookout for one of these for more than half my life (our family car was a '68 Impala, so I've got a soft spot for them).

Funny thing is that I was running errands and almost didn't stop in, plus I only had $55 on me.

P.S. My apologies for the lousy pics from my tablet.

IMG_20150727_201230.jpg

IMG_20150727_201240.jpg

Edited by Robberbaron

The Porsche kit might be worth something but be advised it is supposed to be rereleased in the coming months. This will be the first time in many, many years.

thanks for the heads up. I'm just gonna go ahead and build it can't bear to part with it now that I've been looking at it a few days. 

Edited by Travis Bickle
Add content

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...