Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got the Moebius 71 Ranger and 69 SWB in the mail today, picked up a Fire chief Blazer the other day at Hobby Lobby and also got the Ford pickup High Roller from E-bay yesterday (dont know if I will build it yet, might just hang on to it like with my snap tite ford pickup)....

Got a few things at the Super September Showdown in Gilbertsville PA.  Had a great time seeing friends, looking at models on display and doing a bit of shopping.  I like this show because unlike some other shows, not all the swap meet dealers are regular dealers, some are just their club members thinning out the hoard.  So there's a lot of cheap stuff, and things get cheaper at the end of the day!

IMG_2281-vi.jpg

Picked up this Premier Renault Dauphine. I believe this was the last one I needed for their series.  It's very mint in the box.

IMG_2283-vi.jpg

A couple of cheap things rescued from a junk box.  Buick Riatta promo was $5.  I had been looking for one of these and found one for $12 in a hobby shop about a year ago.  I thought that was cheap then!   The Datsun Z is Lindberg,  I also collect that 1/32 series.  I believe I have another one of these too.

IMG_2278-vi.jpg

1959 Pontiac old custom was only $25.  I have others so I'll leave this one "as is" for the old custom collection.

IMG_2280-vi.jpg

And the prize of the day, I had been looking for one of these too.   This was a good day to find things I had been seeking!    

Edited by Tom Geiger

How about what I could have gotten today? :P

I was perusing an antique store & came across 3 promos in great condition, each for $15.00.

A Johan '59 Plymouth Taxi,

An AMT 1959 Edsel hardtop.

And a 1959 Ford Ranchero.

I really thought hard about pulling the trigger, but I'm not a promo collector & I didn't really need anymore stuff laying around my shop.

But, I'll bet I could have found one of my forum mates who would have taken them off of my hands. ;)

Steve

Got a few things at the Super September Showdown in Gilbertsville PA.  Had a great time seeing friends, looking at models on display and doing a bit of shopping.  I like this show because unlike some other shows, not all the swap meet dealers are regular dealers, some are just their club members thinning out the hoard.  So there's a lot of cheap stuff, and things get cheaper at the end of the day!

IMG_2281-vi.jpg

Picked up this Premier Renault Dauphine. I believe this was the last one I needed for their series.  It's very mint in the box.

IMG_2283-vi.jpg

A couple of cheap things rescued from a junk box.  Buick Riatta promo was $5.  I had been looking for one of these and found one for $12 in a hobby shop about a year ago.  I thought that was cheap then!   The Datsun Z is Lindberg,  I also collect that 1/32 series.  I believe I have another one of these too.

IMG_2278-vi.jpg

1959 Pontiac old custom was only $25.  I have others so I'll leave this one "as is" for the old custom collection.

IMG_2280-vi.jpg

And the prize of the day, I had been looking for one of these too.   This was a good day to find things I had been seeking!    

Love the Dauphine kit. The dauphine was my first car,and as bad as it was,I'm surprised I still like working 

on cars and stuff.

Is the Premier Renault 1/25 or 1/32? Just saw an unbuilt boxed Hubley Dauphine go for over $300.00 a week ago - might be time for Hubley's successors to look for the molds.

How about what I could have gotten today? :P

I was perusing an antique store & came across 3 promos in great condition, each for $15.00.

A Johan '59 Plymouth Taxi,

An AMT 1959 Edsel hardtop.

And a 1959 Ford Ranchero.

But, I'll bet I could have found one of my forum mates who would have taken them off of my hands. ;)

Steve

If that Ranchero is the styrene version I certainly would be willing to take it off your hands! At least you could flip 'em all on eBay for a tidy profit.

IMG_2281-vi.jpg

IMG_2283-vi.jpg

IMG_2278-vi.jpg

IMG_2280-vi.jpg

Tom I am very jealous about that Dauphine. I have been looking for one for a long time and only once saw one on eBay.

i was at norwalk for a monster mopar drag race (tranny brake messed up, went out first round :( ) and i got a original issue speedwagon, a 69 gtx 'vert, a sox and martin gtx, a dick landy 68 charger, two 49 mercs (ones an old custom im fixing up) and i found a 31 model a woody in the speed wagon box. Hers the best part, all 7 models for (Drumroll please) $20 and a couple hours labor!

Is the Premier Renault 1/25 or 1/32? Just saw an unbuilt boxed Hubley Dauphine go for over $300.00 a week ago - might be time for Hubley's successors to look for the molds.

If that Ranchero is the styrene version I certainly would be willing to take it off your hands! At least you could flip 'em all on eBay for a tidy profit.

They were all promos Chris, so I'm sure none of them were styrene.

That's why I declined to purchase them.

The Plymouth showed the most warpage.

The Edsel had minor warpage.

As far as I could tell, the Ranchero had none, but it had a metal base plate & no interior.

Steve

They were all promos Chris, so I'm sure none of them were styrene.

That's why I declined to purchase them.

The Plymouth showed the most warpage.

The Edsel had minor warpage.

As far as I could tell, the Ranchero had none, but it had a metal base plate & no interior.

Steve

Steve...if the Ranchero was straight and complete Id like it...some of the old metal chassis ones never had interiors...I dig promos...

The premier Renault is supposed to be 1/25 but their stuff was a bit wonky.  Imagine the anarchy on this board if that was new today!  I saw that Hubley Dauphine, it went for $338. Hello resin casters!  We saw the one Marty did as a gasser above in this thread,  I'm sure we could sell a bunch of resin bodies.

Finished eBay Auction

Forgot to mention that on my way home from the show yesterday I passed Ollies and stopped in.  They had Duplicolor in the small cans for 99 cents.  But the colors were very limited and mostly recent dark colors.  I did get four colors I thought I might use for something, two cans of each for $8.   The last time I passed there, maybe six months ago they had no colors but a bunch of Duplicolor engine paints and primers.  I think I spent $20 on that trip.

Sorry everyone, but I just need to clarify that I "Did Not" purchase the promos that I talked about in my previous post.

I've had a couple of members ask me about selling or trading them & I felt that I should reiterate that I don't have them.

Now I wish I did! :mellow:

Unfortunately the shop that I found them in is 100 miles from here.

But just to keep this whole thing from being a large waste of time, I did get a new body & hood for an upcoming '62 Ford Sunliner build. ^_^

Steve

photo DSCN4445_zpswqpvxogr.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for a mid-engine American car, even if not many others did to keep this one alive .. Pontiac Fiero. I always heard good things about the kit and casually bid on one .. and won! So many ways to build and customize this one .. and the kit IS spectacular! Two engines and opening hood and trunk .. and the detail engraving is so good!

fiero_1_zpsolrcden8.jpg

Edited by Foxer

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...