Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

My latest Ebay find. And original issue AMT 1959 Lincoln convertible. The fender skirts were glued on ,,but I  took a chance on it anyway. Mail man dropped it off about an hour ago and I jumped right on it to see if they would come off. Sure enough popped right off with minimal damage to the body. Everything to build it stock is with it,,including the hood ornament is there. All I need to find is one stock hubcap,,,someone had  glued a spinner to it and I don't think it can be fixed easily. It even came in it original box .

I can now ck one more off the want list.

20160226_122358_HDR.jpg

20160226_122410_HDR.jpg

Nice find Bill, as that car was my very FIRST AMT kit ever, and a few years ago I picked up a fairly mint one for my collection.

Hobby Lobby finally dropped their sticker price by $3 on the MPC '79 Trans Ams (originally when they showed up they were $29.99).

The cost decrease plus the trusty 40% off coupon got the price down just enough that I was willing to spring for it.  (Been on the fence for a while about this one - Round 2 was, shall we say, a little overly optimistic on their MSRP on this one)  Didn't go there planning to get it, but they didn't have any of the new releases I was looking for.

Pat are you building some engines and cars for your garage diorama.???

Yes Carl I have made a display stand in one corner of the room which will hold three at a time. You can check the thread, the current ones are a Hudson Twin H, a Z28 Cross Ram and a Testarossa along the "Flatheads to Boxers theme". The Avanti engines I got recently are to recreate the R series R2, R3, R4 & R5. I am currently outfitting one room as a restoration shop while the other one will continue on as the engine shop.

Yes Carl I have made a display stand in one corner of the room which will hold three at a time. You can check the thread, the current ones are a Hudson Twin H, a Z28 Cross Ram and a Testarossa along the "Flatheads to Boxers theme". The Avanti engines I got recently are to recreate the R series R2, R3, R4 & R5. I am currently outfitting one room as a restoration shop while the other one will continue on as the engine shop.

Sounds great Pat, I like your garage diorama...

My final eBay purchase from last week.

An original issue SMP 1958 Impala convertible. This one gives me all 6 of the 1958 annuals ,,,and all in convertibles. Not an easy thing to do I might add.. All in all, I cant complain what I have paid out for them,,,especially what I've seen the Pontiac and the Buick sell for . The most expensive one was the Edsel ,,,But its also easily  the best condition out of  the 6 kits ( edit text and picture - I forgot about the 1958 Imperial )

20160309_120458.jpg

1958s.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Picked up an original issue '68 GT-500 chassis with a complete partly built SOHC dual quad engine; valve covers are on backwards as usual - hope they'll come off easily. This will go into the '58 Ford; it was really my first choice but I didn't have a complete one in my parts stash.

885140502_o.thumb.jpg.d36e33b0729119fa9e

Also got a batch of vintage peel-and-hopefully-stick upholstery, both flocked and vinyl.

885140502_p.thumb.jpg.0abf0737a4813e011b

My final eBay purchase from last week.

An original issue SMP 1958 Impala convertible. This one gives me all 5 of the 1958 annuals ,,,and all in convertibles. Not an easy thing to do I might add.. All in all, I cant complain what I have paid out for them,,,especially what Ive seen the Pontiac and the Buick sell for . The most expensive one was the Edsel But its easily  the best shape starting out of  the 5 .

20160309_120458.jpg

20160309_121726.jpg

Looks like you've been a busy boy Bill!

Kind of cool to see them all lined up like that.

It will be even cooler when they're done.

I have the Pontiac, Buick & Ford already built.

I never went after the Chevy or the Edsel just because they're both available in modern kits.

The '59 Plymouth is nice too!

Very tough to find in original kit form!

Steve

Looks like you've been a busy boy Bill!

Kind of cool to see them all lined up like that.

It will be even cooler when they're done.

I have the Pontiac, Buick & Ford already built.

I never went after the Chevy or the Edsel just because they're both available in modern kits.

The '59 Plymouth is nice too!

Very tough to find in original kit form!

Steve

Busy is an understatement. The past 10 days put a hurting on my bank account.

After I took that that pic this afternoon ,,It made me think if I need to concentrate on this lineup as to be all 5  finished by the end of 2016 .I was poking around MCW and Scale finishes sites today to ck color choices and see If I need to get on the ball and order paint if needed. I've been thinking either the 58 Edsel or the 58 Ford will be a light yellow exterior with maybe a bronze color interior ,,,not sure which yet

The Bonneville is done , I just recently replaced the AMT generic wheels with Modelhaus promo  versions,,,,SO much better looking of a car

Busy is an understatement. The past 10 days put a hurting on my bank account.

After I took that that pic this afternoon ,,It made me think if I need to concentrate on this lineup as to be all 5  finished by the end of 2016 .I was poking around MCW and Scale finishes sites today to ck color choices and see If I need to get on the ball and order paint if needed. I've been thinking either the 58 Edsel or the 58 Ford will be a light yellow exterior with maybe a bronze color interior ,,,not sure which yet

The Bonneville is done , I just recently replaced the AMT generic wheels with Modelhaus promo  versions,,,,SO much better looking of a car

Edsel was definitely not afraid to experiment with color combos in '58.

Some of the most unusual 2-tone & 3-tone paint jobs I've ever seen were on '58 Edsels.

Some were so bizarre, that they actually looked good!

If your thinking of pale yellow, consider the "Charcoal Brown" in the coves & carry it over into the interior

MCW carries that color as "Silver Mocha".

I just love that color!

Here are a couple of oddball combos to consider.

ed1958pacer46929756.jpgEdsel_Pacer_2-door_Hardtop_1958_front.jp58-Edsel-Corsair-DV-08_HHC_001.jpg

One of the most unusual colors, so unusual I couldn't find a photo, was "Jonquil Yellow" & "Sunset Coral"!

Try and wrap your head around that one! :P

Steve

Sadly I can't keep up with you guys, and not by a narrow margin.

So I got me this for cheap. Instantly turned around the tyres to make those gaudy whitewalls disappear.

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt159/baronvonzach/Diecast/18scale/Maisto%201946%20Chevrolet%20Wagon/001.jpg

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt159/baronvonzach/Diecast/18scale/Maisto%201946%20Chevrolet%20Wagon/002.jpg

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt159/baronvonzach/Diecast/18scale/Maisto%201946%20Chevrolet%20Wagon/003.jpg

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt159/baronvonzach/Diecast/18scale/Maisto%201946%20Chevrolet%20Wagon/005.jpg

I was honestly surprised a bit by what a chunk that Chevy is. It really occupies some real estate.

Stay tuned, this is going to end up in the Diecast section, for some serious pimpage.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...