Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got these at the show yesterday. I've been wanting a '59 retractable roof Ford for a while, and also had wanted another Mustang trio kit for a while as well. Towards the end of the show while people were packing up, I spotted a '78 2 door Monaco that I just had to have. Someone built it with a Hemi and max wedge headers, and cragars. Front wheels are gone but the rest of the car is there. Also picked up a Chevy Monte Carlo Nascar for 3 bucks for my future Nascarlo project. Here's some pics.

Went to the LHS to get some paint, namely all of the Blacks in the TS line minus the metallic , and of course, they only had one of them( better then  the HTUSA) that had none of them, anyways, not sure how I ended up wit the Alfa kit lol

IMG_0045_zpsybbg6h53.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

A quick trip to the local Hobby Lobby and I picked up the Cushman Duster with a 40% off coupon....

And, the AMT TeeVee Dune Buggy was on clearout at $14.99....

:)

If you don't know already, the engine from the TeeVee is a little bit of a PITA. Sand everything flat, strip the chrome, ignore all mounting pins. 

Or do what I did and take the whole engine and hanger from a Revell Beetle and graft it on. B)

Against my better judgement, I went ahead & placed a bid on this little gem today just on a whim.

As is usual for me, when a bid on a whim, I usually win the auction. :P

Not a bad price, depending on what's under all of that dirt.

I'll just have to wait & see when it gets here.

Steve

s-l1600.jpg

The '65 Mercury came today!

Looks very nice, & very dirty!!

The only issues I can see from a preliminary inspection are a small chip out of the back corner of the hood where a hinge was broken off, & the missing stock hubcaps.

The broken hinge is still there, so it should be easily repaired & I'll just have to keep my antenna up for a set of hub caps.

Steve

3 AMT-ERTL kits from the 1990s at a local flea market.  All 3 are open, but complete with all the inside parts bags still sealed.  Price was $8 each:

AMT-ERTL #31926 62 Chevy Bel Air - stock version.

AMT-ERTL #31741 65 Chevy El Camino - for anyone wondering, this version does have the big camper. Though it's not mentioned on the box.

AMT-ERTL #38373 66 Nova, 2006 "Resto Rod" issue - I always buy these Novas when I see them cheap. The chassis can be used under older kits, and it has that neat engine stand and stripped small-block Chevy. 

Went to my LHS and picked up some Tamiya Aluminum acrylic, thanks to the little discussion on the silver paint thread, plus Ford Blue acrylic for the SOHC engine I got last week for the '58 Fairlane.

(That engine turned out to be a mess when it arrived - it was glued to the '68 Cobra chassis using two other cylinder heads as engine mounts :wacko: - but I got it dismantled, repaired it, and found a low-rise dual quad manifold in my stash of incomplete SOHC engines.)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...