Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Nice score, Ray. Love the 330 P4.

That '59 Buick of Tommy's is another one I'm lusting after, as is Brad's '62 Nova.

Those Hiroboy tires look really really great too.

I got one of these cheap, specifically for the Guide lamps, and some other bits. Kinda think I just might build it pretty much like it is though.

Image result for revell 30 ford phaeton

Nice Tommy!

Whoever built that one had at least a little bit of a clue on how to build a model.

Under all of the dirt it looks like they did a pretty good job.

At least the '59 Buick doesn't have a lot going on around the rear fenders, so repairs shouldn't be too difficult.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

12439440_10206195434785783_1631057864124

1465141_10206195440225919_16883569001819

Got this 59 to have sit next to the 60. The seller told me the skirts where not heavy glued,hopefully it`s true. 

Sharp classic score Tommy

Just got this 1962 Chevy II convertible. Was a glue bomb,but I was able to get it apart without ruining it. It was Ford powered,lol.It needs a few parts,but will look good behind my 63 wagon.

models 3-2016 050.JPG

models 3-2016 065.JPG

Very nice rebuilder...

Nice Tommy!

Whoever built that one had at least a little bit of a clue on how to build a model.

Under all of the dirt it looks like they did a pretty good job.

At least the '59 Buick doesn't have a lot going on around the rear fenders, so repairs shouldn't be too difficult.

Steve

And even if the rear fenders were toast...  I have a '59 Buick resin body that I used the rear lower quarters from the Revell 59 Chevy.  I also used the rear valance and bumper!

My P4 from Japan finally arrived.

Now That'll made one's day! Hey Ray, any chance of getting a Pic of the Intake Exhaust Parts? And I do understand it's Curbside. Just wondering what they look like.

Edited by Crazy Ed

Just got this 1962 Chevy II convertible. Was a glue bomb,but I was able to get it apart without ruining it. It was Ford powered,lol.It needs a few parts,but will look good behind my 63 wagon.

Hi Brad,

Nice score! I have the rear wheel openings I cut from the quarter panels of the '65 Nova Rat Packer; if I can dig 'em up would they help you fix the damage?

Hi Brad,

Nice score! I have the rear wheel openings I cut from the quarter panels of the '65 Nova Rat Packer; if I can dig 'em up would they help you fix the damage?

Thanks for the parts offer, but the picture is deceiving. The wheel well openings are in good shape. I just need to sand away whats left

of the old skirts.

And even if the rear fenders were toast...  I have a '59 Buick resin body that I used the rear lower quarters from the Revell 59 Chevy.  I also used the rear valance and bumper!

Good idea,thanks for the idea.  

Now That'll made one's day! Hey Ray, any chance of getting a Pic of the Intake Exhaust Parts? And I do understand it's Curbside. Just wondering what they look like.

I took some pics Ed but Photobucket won't load them for some reason. There really isn't any detail to speak of and what is there is covered by the spare tire.

12439440_10206195434785783_1631057864124

1465141_10206195440225919_16883569001819

Got this 59 to have sit next to the 60. The seller told me the skirts where not heavy glued,hopefully it`s true. 

I  wouldn't  worry about it to much.

I have one that the skirts were on. Popped them off easily enough and there's nuttin under them to really get damaged anyway

I took some pics Ed but Photobucket won't load them for some reason. There really isn't any detail to speak of and what is there is covered by the spare tire.

Thanks Ray. Wonder what's goin' on at PB? My area of interest is in the Injector Stacks and Exhaust System. I've got several Union 330 P4 Kits and wondered how they compare.

007_zpsizdsxerh.jpg

Two GT's fresh from USPS dropped off at my sister's in the States. Got free dinner with the pick up too.

Foose Vette from my semi LHS...need to keep those guys happy too, not many left in my area anymore.

How do the gt's look Dave ?
Gonna do a review for us?

How do the gt's look Dave ?
Gonna do a review for us?

They're great. Theres a couple in the Workbench section already. And someone did a quick kit review in the review section. So no, I wont do another, no need there's just not enough parts to do more than one. Tho, the body is almost perfect, other than the mold lines behind the doors running down the sides, they're abit hard to sand out due to the buttress', the body is very nice. The rest of the kit is simple, but TBH the body is the focus and with some detail painting, very nice worthwhile kit to have.

I won the bid of a Tamiya 1/12 P34 1976 today.

just can't resist myself from this 6 wheels monster ;)

it really a convenient that this one will be shipped from Japan to China for just about one week or 5 days..

this is the pic that the seller offers.

kansuke_1998-img600x400-1458706578w71twk

I won the bid of a Tamiya 1/12 P34 1976 today.

just can't resist myself from this 6 wheels monster ;)

it really a convenient that this one will be shipped from Japan to China for just about one week or 5 days..

this is the pic that the seller offers.

kansuke_1998-img600x400-1458706578w71twk

Nice! -By the time you get all your large scale models built, you're gonna have to remodel your home and add a room just to display them!!:lol:

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...