Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I went on a little trip to another new hobby shop for me in Cranberry Township, PA today and this is what followed me home. 

13903187_1160301187366543_85191816319815

What hobby shop was that Matthew... Maybe Hobby Express on Rte. 228 in the Lowe's Shopping Center...??  That's my favorite LHS.

What hobby shop was that Matthew... Maybe Hobby Express on Rte. 228 in the Lowe's Shopping Center...??  That's my favorite LHS.

Yes, it was. It is sort of "local" for me, if you call a 60 mile drive "local"! :lol: That is my only problem now, when I lived in the Wheeling, WV area, I had three LHSs within 5 or 10 minutes of me, but now the closest to me in the Wintersville, OH area is one about 20 miles away, or just go the extra few miles to Wheeling that is now 30 miles and almost 45 minutes away, or head to the Pittsburgh area which is now just about the same drive as going to Wheeling. 

They have already became one of my new favorite "local" hobby shops! 

Yesterday got the Revell 427 '67 Camaro.

Today was Toy Show time. Bought several bags of wheels (including I think a rare set of those Spyder things), and a huge bag of tires for $3--gotta be SOMETHING in there I can use, right? Silver Anniversary '78 Corvette promo with a couple scratches that should buff right out for $15, and a nice Grabber Green '70 Boss 302 diecast to go with my Red and Yellow ones for just $10. AMT Part Pack T body for $5--no other parts with that, just the complete body and turtledeck (with the tubbed rear wheels). Not a horrible deal, I can do something with it.

....quite a bit lately,,,,AMT original annual Mach1 Mustang, MPC Malco Super Vette, MPC 69 original annual Corvette ht, another MPC  56/57 Vette  mid 60s issue, AMT gasser series 40 Willys with dragstrip display, and a dirt track modified DTR/MPC 36 Chevy coupe..........the Ace....:rolleyes:

Picked these up yesterday. My wife and i cut them off of a 53 GMC pickup in a farmer's yard. These were the only thing on the cab that was still undamaged. I figured they will make some nice yard art. Model related? Let's just say that they are reference material for my next weathered build. Lol!

http://

Later-

Picked up the Revell '56 Chevy H-1373. Yes, the one with opening everything.:D

Instructions have 1973 on them.  I saw it a few months back at a place that sells toys/collectibles and train stuff mostly, but some older models as well. Went  there today looking for this kit, and they still had it. Price of a new kit, $29.99. Seeing as these are way OOP I only cringed a little bit. Spent the last of my birthday money on it. No more models for a while.

I built this and the 57 way back when, don't remember having any real issues with the opening stuff. This has pretty much moved up to be the next on the to be built list. Most likely just out of the box build, otherwise I tend to not get them done.

Russ

Nice Tommy!

This is one of the few "intermediate" cars that I still have on my list of "ones to get".

They don't come up very often.

Steve

I was just looking at them on eBay today. Wow, they go dear.

I scored a couple restorable glue bombs off there a couple years ago. Should get to them someday.

Nice Tommy!

This is one of the few "intermediate" cars that I still have on my list of "ones to get".

They don't come up very often.

Steve

They are good looking cars,and being a Buick fan it was hard to pass,also since it`s a open hood kit.

Many of these look to be craftman style kits. Good score on the Bonneville,the hardtops arent easy

to find. It looks pretty good. Fixing the window frame on one of these convertibles as we speak.

Just scored an original annual AMT ’65 Vette roadster on ePay. A little more than I usually like to pay for a “glue bomb,” but this one comes with original box (the only original AMT ’63-’67 Corvette box I don’t already have), instructions, decals, and most of the original kit parts including the cut-down wraparound windshield I’ve been seeking for over a year.  The thing looks horrible in the pics but I THINK it’s just a coat or two of AMT or Pactra Candy Pagan Gold over bare white plastic, which SHOULD strip right off.  The soft up-top is on the body in the pics—hope it’s not glued on, or if it is, that it’s not too hard to separate.  At any rate, I have a couple other ’65 Vette roadster bodies (though neither has a windshield frame at the moment) so I ought to be able to do SOMETHING with whatever comes in the box. Oh yeah, it’s got the semi-rare removable hardtop, too—was disappointed to see that Modelhaus had discontinued those when I submitted my epic Last Order Ever.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...