Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to Hobby Lobby today and noticed they had the AMT Heavy Chevy 70 Impala marked down from 29.99 to 19.10.  I had to bring it home with me as it was the last one on the shelf.  Can't figure out though why it was marked down as the other models were regular price. Now I just wish they would get my Squad Rod Nova.

My lovely wife asked me yesterday if I needed any supplies, so I told her and she ordered me ALL the different grades of Squadron sanding sticks-50 ea., two bottles RC 56, five sheets Tamiya masking film, and two Tamiya textured weathering paints.

A great wife friend!!

The thing is, that car modelling mags are nonexistent in the U.K. Even Kalmbach's Scale Auto is invisible and there are NO UK equivalents.

Add that to the lack of kit retailers it's a wonder there's a hobby at all over here.

Before anyone says get a subscription, I don't always want everything in every edition. I prefer to view the actual publication to decide if I want it.

steve 

Went to my favorite shop, HOBBY EMPORIUM in Tyngsboro MA, because I was depressed.  Was even more depressed after I left, but I won't go into that.

ANYHOO, I picked up the Revell 2016 C7 Corvette Stingray kit.  Not sure if it will get built... just can't get myself out of the model-building-funk...

I have been hunting this one for a long, long time. I finally got a good e-bay price on one.

The e-bay pic

Hosted on Fotki

The box showed up today. Marked FRAGILE - good. Looks like a smaller box surrounded by packing - good. Pick up the smaller box - the model drops out the open end wrapped in a plastic grocery bag. Parts follow. Poop. Broken axel, driving lights and nerf bars. The seller was doing so well. He just failed to wrap the model before putting in a 6-sided inner box (instead of an open ended box).
So much for putting this one straight on the shelf. I'll have a little more repair to do. I knew it was missing one exhaust trumpet, but I also have the make the rear end cover and headlight lenses. 

Hosted on Fotki
I know the risks of buying built models; I'm still thrilled have to have it. It will be fairly easy too take apart and restore.

A great wife friend!!

Thanks, Slusher!, we've been married for three years now, and I still cant get use to how involved she is in this hobby. she doesn't build nearly as much as we do, but she loves it. All of my past girfreinds could care less about this hobby, but not her. Like with our actual size Jeep, she wants us to put a winch on it, and says, "i don't care if we ever use it........it looks sweet!"     -that's how she is, LMAO

Edited by Dann Tier

I have been hunting this one for a long, long time. I finally got a good e-bay price on one.

The e-bay pic

ebaylisting-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The box showed up today. Marked FRAGILE - good. Looks like a smaller box surrounded by packing - good. Pick up the smaller box - the model drops out the open end wrapped in a plastic grocery bag. Parts follow. Poop. Broken axel, driving lights and nerf bars. The seller was doing so well. He just failed to wrap the model before putting in a 6-sided inner box (instead of an open ended box).
So much for putting this one straight on the shelf. I'll have a little more repair to do. I knew it was missing one exhaust trumpet, but I also have the make the rear end cover and headlight lenses. 

IMG_1988-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
I know the risks of buying built models; I'm still thrilled have to have it. It will be fairly easy too take apart and restore.

WOW!!, never heard of this kit before...not my subject of build, but it looks sweet enough that i'd build it!!!!

Got these 2 little beat up Cobra's yesterday. Normally I would not buy anything in this condition however I don't have any by this company so I had to. Windshields missing on both as is the roll bars. They are a little smaller than a Hot Wheel maybe close to a JL size. May or may not try to fix them up a bit.

The e-bay pic

ebaylisting-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1988-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

nice find I have a mint Smug Bug the blue one !

Edited by Mr mopar

Thanks, Slusher!, we've been married for three years now, and I still cant get use to how involved she is in this hobby. she doesn't build nearly as much as we do, but she loves it. All of my past girfreinds could care less about this hobby, but not her. Like with our actual size Jeep, she wants us to put a winch on it, and says, "i don't care if we ever use it........it looks sweet!"     -that's how she is, LMAO

Are you sure you are not married to an Alien? Next thing you are going to say is that, she likes going to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. LOL  Great catch by the way. 

Got these 2 little beat up Cobra's yesterday. Normally I would not buy anything in this condition however I don't have any by this company so I had to. Windshields missing on both as is the roll bars. They are a little smaller than a Hot Wheel maybe close to a JL size. May or may not try to fix them up a bit.

beat%20up%20cobras%20001_zpsatf3two9.jpg

Two more! Your right, I can't keep up with you with my Cords and Ford GTs.

Scott

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...