Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Exactly Rob!!! This was a few years ago, but all three of these Meng F350s came home at the same time and now I have five of them. All five I have plans for different versions, and some of my ideas require some major surgery! :lol:

I can't think of an example of where I've bought a dozen--I can certainly understand that with race cars or police cars--for me, it's often 3 to 6 of certain subjects...especially Mopars.  I have several versions planned using different engines, wheel and tire combos, etc, resin bodies, etc..maybe the most of one that I can think of that I've bought over the years is the Revell Challenger SRT8, have 8 of those to do variations using a variety of aftermarket parts. 

Edited by Rob Hall

I can't think of an example of where I've bought a dozen--I can certainly understand that with race cars or police cars--but for me, it's often 3 to 5 of certain subjects...especially Mopars.  I have several versions planned using different engines, wheel and tire combos, etc, resin bodies, etc..

Yep, race cars and police cars are a given for many multiples. I've got probably over a dozen of the 90s NASCAR Monte Carlo to build the various paint schemes and special paint schemes Dale Earnhardt SR ran over the years. The same goes for the Lindberg Crown Victoria police car, though I have to catch up on decals to go with the kits. 

The first step is getting...many different decals sheets. :D Good to see someone backed up the "I'll buy a case!" comment with photographic proof. ^_^

Well son of gun, you did remember that I said if Revell ever did do new NASCAR kits I would buy a case

I already have two sheets , so I just need 9 more:lol:

I don't understand why a person would buy a dozen of the same kit.

Jim...there are several I could build a dozen of and never get tired of them...

Monogram Un-Real Roller if they would reissue them

AMT 70s Chevy camper van(mini motorhome/open road)

AMT racers wedge set campers

AMT service car trailers with the tire rack

MPC 71-76 Dodge vans

67-70 Cadillac Coupe/sedan DeVille Hts

69-72 Pontiac Grand Prix

67-69 Pontiac Bonnevilles

I could always build any of these if they would reissue them and never get tired of them...even if they were all the same.  I guess its a matter of what one enjoys or makes them happy.

OK. I can understand that.  I've built 4 or 5 1970 Road Runners and still have 4 in the stash.  I just love those RRs.

How did you paint the hood stripes, as I'm currently working on the '70 road runner kit now? I sometimes buy multiple kits for the subject matter, and sometimes for "parts kits."

Got this restorable Jo-Han '65 Chrysler 300 from eBay.   Pretty good shape..paint are decent, missing on the air cleaner and carb.   Interior dusty.  It should go well with the restorable convertible and resin ht I got last year...  still have a few 300 gaps in my stash--no '66s or '63-64hts. 

IMG-3743.JPG

IMG-3744.JPG

IMG-3745.JPG

IMG-3746.JPG

Edited by Rob Hall

Picked up this sealed repop for a decent price. A while back I bought a first-issue built-up intending to do an old race-car, but the model was just too nice a survivor to hack up. The repop is molded in the softer gray plastic I've come to dread painting, but we'll see.

Image result for AMT '64 Mercury Marauder

Picked up one of these too, molded in white...

Image result for AMT 1932 Chevy Cabriolet

...and somewhat miraculously, crammed inside the same box was a complete kit of this, molded in black...   Related image

Nah, I'll keep the original engine...440, I think..  I have a resin one w/ opening hood I got last year.  That one will get a Hemi and Magnum 500 wheels, I think. 

1965 300 was powered by a 413. The 440 came along in '66. But, for all practical purposes the two engines look the same on the outside. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...