Model Cars Magazine Forum

Abandoned by Photobucket

Fotki test. I have problems with this one, too. Can't figure out how to post Fotki images here. I can upload, but can't paste into a post. This will probably just show as a link.

[photo id=rqrkbtfstgtrbkgxwwbgtwdbtwwdd type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

[photo id=rqrkbdqrgqrswsrxwwbgtwdbtwwdd type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

Actually, these aren't even links. They come from the "share" option and I have no idea what to do with them. The Fotki tutorials won't open for me.

Click on 'share' above the photo and select the first link, the one under 'Image URL for use on other sites'. Select that link (Copy to Clipboard' w/ mouse).

The links look something like this: http://images15.fotk...45/66amt-vi.jpg

Then select the image icon here and paste in the link..that's it.

66amt-vi.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

Do you ever get the feeling that the internet gods just don't like you?

:lol:/>

They're the least of the gods that don't like me. They're just a side-effect of thunderous, mighty forces that are working their will on me. There be dragons abroad. Venture forth at your peril.

Edited by sjordan2

Skip, the link posted in post #12 to oddapps has the download files of old Firefoxes hosted on their site and doesn't rely on Mozilla at all. You can download and install whatever version worked best for you and then just be sure to turn off automatic updates so it won't revert to the newest edition the next time an update is relased. One of my most used programs is a screen capture utility called Hypersnap DX, version 4 is the best because after 4 the free demo versions expire and place watermarks on the image rendering it useless. Through oldapps I can download the old version that works even though the developer doesn't offer it anymore.

Edited by Fat Brian

I had the PB iPad app, and for awhile it worked fine. For the last 3-4 months though, I would try to access my photos, and it (the app) would just sit there and spin it's wheels. Nothing. I decided to remove the app and reinstall it, but when I did that it wouldn't recognize my login info. After repeated tries with their tech support, I received nothing but generic replies which didn't address my issue, so I've just given up on the app altogether. I still have it on my PC desktop which seems to be fine, but I spend way more time on my iPad. Oh well.

I just received the following from PB support. I can't get to it immediately, but I'll try these.

Billy (Photobucket Customer Support Home)

Nov 20 04:06 pm (MST)

There is a simple way, but you have to be able to access the site from your computer in order to do so...

Apple has stopped supporting Macs on OS 10.4 and older, and we've noticed that older versions of Safari have issues rendering Photobucket. I went on a little hunt and found this article, and a special updated version of Firefox that's specific to your machine. With this version of Firefox you should be able to have full access to the internet, including access to Photobucket again.

http://www.floodgap....are/tenfourfox/

http://lowendmac.com...nd-powerpc.html

Give those a shot and let me know how it goes,

EDIT: alas, these solutions are for older Macs than mine, G3 to G5, and won't work with my OS X Intel core duo 10.4. And the sites warn about screwing things up.

Edited by sjordan2

I don't experience any technical problems on this site or with PhotoBucket.

The PhotoBucket updates work fine with either my IE or on Mozilla.

Many thousand pics in PhotoBucket on a Free account and it works quick and smooth as glass.

Good for you. That has nothing to do with the problems on my old IMac that I've documented in detail, so I don't understand your point in relation to the questions raised in this thread.

Edited by sjordan2

Good for you. That has nothing to do with the problems on my old IMac that I've documented in detail, so I don't understand your point in relation to the questions raised in this thread.

The "point" is I don't have your problems in understanding not only the "point" of my reponse. nor using PhotoBucket, or having tech problems with this site.

You've already been given several detailed choices to remedy your problem.

The "point" is I don't have your problems in understanding not only the "point" of my reponse. nor using PhotoBucket, or having tech problems with this site.

You've already been given several detailed choices to remedy your problem.

NONE of which work with my computer, which I have mentioned. I tried them all, and many more workarounds.

Ok, I guess I'm not following here, what's the problem with upgrading your browser compared to the particular imac system you're using?

I can't upgrade browsers like Firefox or Google Chrome anymore (IE does not support any Mac system) because they do not support my older OS. My problem is $200 for upgrading my OS and doubling memory. Considering that I have been unemployed for a while and my resources are dwindling, that's not a current option.

But let's see if I can finally get Fotki to work. My last attempts only showed the url and no image. This is using the process I was told to follow by Fotki support:

Link to send via email/instant messenger:

http://public.fotki.com/sjordan47/mcm-album/1955-mercedes-benz-.html

Code for a Fotki Journal:

Fotki support said that under the link "Share", I should get a prompt that offers "more sharing options." I don't.

Edited by sjordan2

NOINE of which work with my computer. I tried them all, if you have read my posts.

My problem is $200 for upgrading software and memory. Considering that I have been unemployed for a while and my resources are dwindling, that's not a current option.

But let's see if I can finally get Fotki to work. My last attempts only showed the url and no image. This is using athe process I was told to follow by Fotki support:

http://public.fotki....edes-benz-.html

Go back and read post #28. I posted how to do it for Fotki. You are getting the wrong URL.

This is the first link under share.

I only get 2 choices under Share, neither of which says Image URL for use on other sites', nor do I get "More Sharing Options" as told to me by Fotki support :

Edited by sjordan2

Go back and read post #28. I posted how to do it for Fotki. You are getting the wrong URL.

I just clicked on the link to the photo that Skip posted, which takes me to his Fotki album, obviously... but when you click the "Share" link in his album there is no choice for getting the image tag address. Need to change something in his Fotki preferences or settings, maybe?