Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi 1/24 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta just arriving in Japan shops

Fool me once.....

Fujimi brought out the Aventador first just to be soundly out done by Aoshima.

I think I am waiting to see who else covers this one. Surely Turin's greatest will be done by others. Tamiya????

joe.

It would be nice if Tamiya did, but the only thing I have heard is that Revell of Germany is CONSIDERING this one and the Enzo replacement. Have no idea if they will actually follow through though.

Fool me once.....

Fujimi brought out the Aventador first just to be soundly out done by Aoshima.

I think I am waiting to see who else covers this one. Surely Turin's greatest will be done by others. Tamiya????

joe.

Yes, but wasn't Fujimi's Aventador a curbside? Not that there is much engine detail in the Aoshima kit, but at least it isn't a blank hole or molded into the chassis.

Lest this Ferrari is a full car, and no half-assed curbside.

Yes, but wasn't Fujimi's Aventador a curbside? Not that there is much engine detail in the Aoshima kit, but at least it isn't a blank hole or molded into the chassis.

Lest this Ferrari is a full car, and no half-assed curbside.

The Aoshima had a bit more engine detail and an opening engine hood.

Otherwise, probably not so much different.

joe.

Oh yeah! What's more, 109 parts with separate doors and at least a fair-looking attempt at an engine.

Be ready for seat lowers molded to the floor and some other interesting design touches...

I love when manufacturers get on some design kick that they think "works", so they incorporate it into all of their kits. For Fujimi, it's the weird "seat bottoms molded with the floorpan" thing. Revell AG has the whole "inner and outer spoke wheels with goofy floating disk brake" debacle they've spread across all their recent kits, which makes it necessary to either perform major surgery on the kit wheels or source new ones to keep everything accurate. Not that the interior issues will stop me from buying at least one of these F12 kits- it looks absolutely amazing!