Model Cars Magazine Forum

Up or down top for the 53 Chevy

Wanting to convert my 53 Belair to a 54 convertible , I figure the grill and tail lamps wont be a problem to find. My question is are there any casters who make one , going to e-mail Don at Modelhaus and check with him tomorrow. Tried the parts in my 51 kit and 55 but nether are close but maybe could rework something else. Thanks for any help any member could give me. .

Edited by Simpleman

Looks like I might need to find a distress FM car to find all I need to achieve this build , i have seen two that were done in the pass but never ask where they got the parts to do the build. Might be something hopefully a resin caster might add in the future , always like the 54 Chevy better than the 53 .

R&R Vacuum Craft started out doing this . The '53 Ragtop picture in Chrome Foil ads , the boot is one of Ray's products . I remember this in an old SAE in the day . Making Vacuum formed boots is a skill I have not mastered .

The top-up (?) , Help ! If anyone does know how to do this , please I need tips . I have no help to offer . Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

• 3 weeks later...

Jada Toys made a diecast vert.... fits good with a little adjustment....

IMG_0594.jpg

continental kit too.....

IMG_0622.jpg

Is not a Jada Toy a 1/24 scale ? I know this is the Monogram 1/24 '53 Chevy with the top wacked . The kits pictured are Revelle 1/25 saqcle . Whadda do you do with the rest if

you are a Factory Stock Builder . I have pounds of unwanted kits and pieces to trade off as it is now ?? Whadda do you need ? Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion