Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unimat -1 classic

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Guy's OK i'm thinking about getting one of these , for vary light plastic jobs . it sure will bet using a drill , dose anyone on this forums have one ? reviwe .

Posted · Report post

Unimat 1's are getting pretty hard to find I think--seeing as how that series of lathe (if I am thinking the right Unimat model here) pretty much went away about 20-25 years ago, perhaps making accessories hard to find for it. IIRC, you are referring to the early style Unimat, which had round, tubular ways, which lacked the stiffness of solid milled ways.

Art

Posted · Report post

I've had a Unimat 1 for several years now. It works fine with plastic and wood. its suposed to turn soft metal but I've never had a great deal of success. I was using mine this afternoon to turn out a straight bore fire nozel. Strangely enough I recieveed an email today from the Unimat dealer with his Christmas specials. This is the link to Unimat

www.unimat-1.com

I hope this is useful

Carl

Posted · Report post

Like I was saying ,I know it's for light duty work and that's all I need it to do. I think plastic will be fine.

Posted · Report post

I've had a Unimat 1 for several years now. It works fine with plastic and wood. its suposed to turn soft metal but I've never had a great deal of success. I was using mine this afternoon to turn out a straight bore fire nozel. Strangely enough I recieveed an email today from the Unimat dealer with his Christmas specials. This is the link to Unimat

www.unimat-1.com

I hope this is useful

Carl

Thanks Carl that's sound grate , it will be a good starting point for me.