Model Cars Magazine Forum

Unimat -1 classic

Unimat 1's are getting pretty hard to find I think--seeing as how that series of lathe (if I am thinking the right Unimat model here) pretty much went away about 20-25 years ago, perhaps making accessories hard to find for it. IIRC, you are referring to the early style Unimat, which had round, tubular ways, which lacked the stiffness of solid milled ways.

Art

I've had a Unimat 1 for several years now. It works fine with plastic and wood. its suposed to turn soft metal but I've never had a great deal of success. I was using mine this afternoon to turn out a straight bore fire nozel. Strangely enough I recieveed an email today from the Unimat dealer with his Christmas specials. This is the link to Unimat

www.unimat-1.com

I hope this is useful

Carl

I've had a Unimat 1 for several years now. It works fine with plastic and wood. its suposed to turn soft metal but I've never had a great deal of success. I was using mine this afternoon to turn out a straight bore fire nozel. Strangely enough I recieveed an email today from the Unimat dealer with his Christmas specials. This is the link to Unimat

www.unimat-1.com

I hope this is useful

Carl

Thanks Carl that's sound grate , it will be a good starting point for me.