Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why aren't the mods accountable for thier wrongdoings?!

There's a pestilence upon this land! Most of my friends here already know, I left this website several weeks back. I left because I was made to feel unwelcome by a certain moderator. This mod followed me around for several days straight (although he denies it!) moving, editing or deleting every single post I made for about three days straight. I am only able to put the blame on one particular mod due to the fact that I watch the list at the bottom of the main page as a matter of curiosity, and his was the only name in bold red appearing as this was going on. It wouldn't have been an issue with me if I had truly been screwing up...but the fact remains almost NONE of those posts were any different than posts others had made including the mods. Apparently a mod is allowed to give someone a link to an ebay auction but I was not. Just one small example.

A few weeks back, this particular mod gave a friend of mine a warning point for language he had used in a private message...A PRIVATE MESSAGE! There is absolutely nothing at all in the rules governing language in a private message and having discussed this with another mod, it was found that the warning point had been wrongfully given. A private message is just that...PRIVATE, no matter who it's between! As of today that warning point STILL has not been removed!

Another instance, where a member openly posted on the board that he did not understand why the word C R A P was hit by the site filter as it was not a swear word. A moderator responded to him saying that he didn't understand the claim because the board let HIM use the word. My good friend...as a joke...wrote in that it sucked and that it was a bunch of c r a p that it wouldn't let him use it. Of course the filter turned that into #####.

Another warning point for this oh so hienous infraction was given. WRONG! The friend I am talking about has never used any foul language on this open board and I challenge anyone to go through his some 2,500 posts and find one single instance! He has reported many instances to the mods of open swearing so I don't know what makes any of them think he would swear openly here!

Someone else here recently described the moderating here as "Hitleresque", and it seems to me, that when a mod is allowed to run rampant over a board and treat it like his own personal Disneyland, then something needs to be done about that mod! MANY of you know already exactly whom I am speaking of and for the rest of you it doesn't take the faculties of a Sherlock Holmes to figure it out!

He may be a good trader, he may have good insight or great building skills, but none of that gives him the right to carry out a personal vendetta against anyone. I am not speaking for myself here. I no longer care what goes on at this site overall. There are alot of other modeling sites out there that don't have heavy handed moderators like him. However my best friend has been wronged and for some reason Gregg won't do anything about it. He won't even answer any messages about it for whatever reason. I know he's a busy man, so it falls to the other mods to do something here.

I am calling out right now for this moderator (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) to be removed from the moderator team or to be suspended entirely for his actions! The moderating team are not gods and should be just as subject to disciplinary actions as anyone else here for thier wrongdoings!

I am not afraid to call out a mod when he is wrong because I don't care if I get thrown off a site I already chose to leave, but you folks are all chosing to stay and live under his tyranny. It's high time you started speaking up for yourselves and make this person accountable for his actions!

Now then, i'm certain like any time the truth is told, that this post will be taken down and swept under the rug, but I have high hopes that at least a few of you will see it, understand what and whom i'm speaking of and call for action.

Good day and good luck!

I'm sure you boys would feel different if you had been wronged. :) My fault for not realising up front, that the only one's who might respond to this are the suckup's because most folks are afraid of getting suspended themselves.

Edited by MAGNUM4342

this is why i always leave this site and return a year later. ihate drama. i am seeing it more and more. i will be out soon not because the mods but because of dramma. why cant we just use this for model cars. and no, i am not sucking up. but you are deffinently crying like a girl.

Edited by lanesteele240

this is why i always leave this site and return a year later. ihate drama. i am seeing it more and more. i will be out soon not becauseof mods but because of dramma why cant we just use this for model cars.

I would love it to be that way Gary. Sadly it's very difficult when everything you do is under a microscope by a petty thinking little modo! (our U.K. members will get that one ;) )

There's a pestilence upon this land! Most of my friends here already know, I left this website several weeks back. I left because I was made to feel unwelcome by a certain moderator. This mod followed me around for several days straight (although he denies it!) moving, editing or deleting every single post I made for about three days straight. I am only able to put the blame on one particular mod due to the fact that I watch the list at the bottom of the main page as a matter of curiosity, and his was the only name in bold red appearing as this was going on. It wouldn't have been an issue with me if I had truly been screwing up...but the fact remains almost NONE of those posts were any different than posts others had made including the mods. Apparently a mod is allowed to give someone a link to an ebay auction but I was not. Just one small example.

A few weeks back, this particular mod gave a friend of mine a warning point for language he had used in a private message...A PRIVATE MESSAGE! There is absolutely nothing at all in the rules governing language in a private message and having discussed this with another mod, it was found that the warning point had been wrongfully given. A private message is just that...PRIVATE, no matter who it's between! As of today that warning point STILL has not been removed!

Another instance, where a member openly posted on the board that he did not understand why the word C R A P was hit by the site filter as it was not a swear word. A moderator responded to him saying that he didn't understand the claim because the board let HIM use the word. My good friend...as a joke...wrote in that it sucked and that it was a bunch of c r a p that it wouldn't let him use it. Of course the filter turned that into #####.

Another warning point for this oh so hienous infraction was given. WRONG! The friend I am talking about has never used any foul language on this open board and I challenge anyone to go through his some 2,500 posts and find one single instance! He has reported many instances to the mods of open swearing so I don't know what makes any of them think he would swear openly here!

Someone else here recently described the moderating here as "Hitleresque", and it seems to me, that when a mod is allowed to run rampant over a board and treat it like his own personal Disneyland, then something needs to be done about that mod! MANY of you know already exactly whom I am speaking of and for the rest of you it doesn't take the faculties of a Sherlock Holmes to figure it out!

He may be a good trader, he may have good insight or great building skills, but none of that gives him the right to carry out a personal vendetta against anyone. I am not speaking for myself here. I no longer care what goes on at this site overall. There are alot of other modeling sites out there that don't have heavy handed moderators like him. However my best friend has been wronged and for some reason Gregg won't do anything about it. He won't even answer any messages about it for whatever reason. I know he's a busy man, so it falls to the other mods to do something here.

I am calling out right now for this moderator (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) to be removed from the moderator team or to be suspended entirely for his actions! The moderating team are not gods and should be just as subject to disciplinary actions as anyone else here for thier wrongdoings!

I am not afraid to call out a mod when he is wrong because I don't care if I get thrown off a site I already chose to leave, but you folks are all chosing to stay and live under his tyranny. It's high time you started speaking up for yourselves and make this person accountable for his actions!

Now then, i'm certain like any time the truth is told, that this post will be taken down and swept under the rug, but I have high hopes that at least a few of you will see it, understand what and whom i'm speaking of and call for action.

Good day and good luck!

do like the other builders i know elsewhere boycott the magazine

These are the things that distroy a great forum ... I've been a member here for a few years and have posted minimally ... Mostly in one area ... Will not get envolved in long posts that have opinions of builds or other issues ... I've seen a lot of moderators just totally go off on members because "they" think it was out of line ... Our forum has rules and moderators need to read the rules and understand those before taking a moderators position ... I agree with MAGNUM ... We are all adults for the most part ... Although a few great youg builders visit and post and participate ... Yes we do need to be cautious in that respect ... This is a MODELING FORUM ! ... Let's build and post things that excite us and others ! ... Moderators will be the distruction and lack of participation of this forum ... Please if it's not political , religous , offensive to others let it go ... And most of all let's not single out others because your opinion differs from others ... JMO !!

Steve B.

Just for the record, a PM is a Personal Message, for use off the public forum but still subject to its rules, hosted by the forum and including the same language filter. It is not a "private" message, which has a slight difference. For a Private Message, I use e-mail.

Further, this post should have been handled as a Personal Message to the moderator, and not aired for everyone to see. You're just taunting the moderator to make a point to yourself in case this thread is taken down.

I'll grant that I and no one else can judge the way your posts have been handled, so no comment there, and you're certainly not going to get other members to rise up in protest.

Just for the record, a PM is a Personal Message, for use off the public forum but still subject to its rules, hosted by the forum and including the same language filter. It is not a "private" message, which has a slight difference. For a Private Message, I use e-mail. Not so. Already been told by another mod, PM= PRIVATE and NOT subject to open board rules.

Further, this post should have been handled as a Personal Message to the moderator, and not aired for everyone to see. You're just taunting the moderator to make a point to yourself in case this thread is taken down. If it could have been handled that way, it would have.

I'll grant that I and no one else can judge the way your posts have been handled, so no comment there, and you're certainly not going to get other members to rise up in protest. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I do thank you for your even keeled mindset in responding. And you are right. If he takes this down, he proves my point entirely. ;)

Edited by MAGNUM4342

We don't live in a perfect world. IMHO, this board is far from perfect, but it's the best model car board I have found. Since I don't have the time or the desire to start and run my own model car website, I live with this site's little imperfections.

The way I see it, you have several choices:

Deal with it and quit crying.

Start your own site and run it however you darn well please.

Hmmm well I guess you only have two choices. Play by their rules or leave...but please, spare us the drama.

We don't live in a perfect world. IMHO, this board is far from perfect, but it's the best model car board I have found. Since I don't have the time or the desire to start and run my own model car website, I live with this site's little imperfections.

Hmmm well I guess you only have two choices. Play by their rules or leave...but please, spare us the drama.

I respect your opinion. However it's not just mere drama when it's a valid point. the man was given two warning points, both for no reason. What if it were you? The time has come to stop the abuse of power and return this site to a fair and impartial site for all.

Edited by MAGNUM4342

This is little more than a good old-fashioned p'ing contest, and you are aimed into the wind.

It's childish in many ways.

I've got to say you, Kevin, and your unidentified "best friend" are wrong in thinking the PM feature is either private or immune from the owner's rules. The owner (Gregg) sets the rules for both the forum/board and the PM system that is attached to it. Eliminate the forum and the PM system is gone ... it does not operate independently. Gregg pays the bills so he gets to set the rules.

However, I can see where you and your "best friend" have gotten confused. Three phrases in the "Forum Rules" make it the PM situation a little unclear:

"Also note that we are not responsible for what is said between members in private conversations, either on the board through the Private Messaging system, or off the board by emails."

Firstly, the rule is stating the board/owner/moderators are not responsible for the content of private conversations through the PM system. I can see how you cowboys would interpret that to mean the board/owner/moderators would not take responsibility for policing what is said via PM. Whether the owner meant that or not, I can see how the phrase could be interpreted to mean what you want it to mean to you.

Secondly, the rule refers to the PM system as private conversations ... through the Private Messaging system ... Again, I can see how that reference could lead people to conclude "PM" is short for Private Message as easily as it being short for Personal Message. However, the board owner's rule indicate the same level of decorum is required ... and enforced ... in the PM System as throughout the forums, regardless of whether one calls it Personal Messaging or Private Messaging.

But, that said, and moreover, your entire whiney complaint has no business on the board at all.

The rules are as clear as clear can be:

2) Personal attacks will not be tolerated. We believe that encouraging and/or constructive criticism can help, but putting a person down does not accomplish anything for the community. Also, flaming, name calling, and off-color cartoons, images, or content are NOT permitted.

7) We take a very dim view of 'trolls' who come here simply to disrupt the forum. Activities deemed as trolling include (but are not restricted to):

• Posting something deliberately inflamatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties for the moderators

• Posting continuous snide comments about another user

• Posting continuous criticism of mods and their moderating**

• Behavior which is continually disruptive to the general membership of the forum

• Belittling someone because their beliefs are different than your own

Regardless of your perceived "wrong" or the perceived "wrong" suffered by your "best friend," your appropriate recourse is spelled out:

"If a member has an issue, complaint, question or comment regarding the forum, the moderators, the rules or the enforcement of the rules, please PM a moderator with your concerns."

You did not. Instead, you made a personal attack. You flamed and name-called. You posted something deliberately inflamatory and certainly to cause difficulty for at least one moderator. You posted continuous and snide commentary about that moderator/user. You posted continuous criticism of that moderator and implied other moderators conspired. You exhibited disruptive behavior. And, you belittled a moderator for having different beliefs about the good conduct and decorum of this board and its associated PM system.

So, WHY DID YOU NOT deal with your complaint by following the rules and PMing moderators with your concerns?

WHY DID YOU NOT appeal to the owner via PM if you felt the moderators were not conducting their assigned duties appropriately?

WHY DID YOU NOT just go away if the owner of this board did not sustain your complaints? After all, it is his house. If you don't like the rules, you have ONLY one mature choice. Childish whining and sniveling will not win your way in someone else's house.

Edited by Danno

Wow,that's a nice open mind you have there.Now I know who to add on my ignore list,thank you.

He's been on my ignore list for months now. :)

I'm with you. I know exactly who you're talking about & he's done exactly the same thing to me. It is beyond a joke now.

Thank you. I knew I didn't have to say the name for folks to get it. :)

Nobody cares about your complaints. Like I said, this place is not perfect. I've said so in here before, but the people who run it make the rules. If you have a problem with that, go start your own forum. Don't have the knowledge or time to do that? Well then, act like a grown-up and play by Gregg and Harry's rules.

Nobody cares about your complaints. Like I said, this place is not perfect. I've said so in here before, but the people who run it make the rules. If you have a problem with that, go start your own forum. Don't have the knowledge or time to do that? Well then, act like a grown-up and play by Gregg and Harry's rules.