Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New guy here saying hello

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all, the name's Tony, and just wanted to post up a quick introduction. Some of you will probably know me from SAE and ORM. I've been looking around here for a little while, and finally decided to join. I'm really impressed with all of the talented and knowledgeable folks here. I'm just your average builder, doing the best I can. Like many of you, I started building as a kid, and still do after all these years (though I did get out of the hobby during most of my 20's). Musclecars are my main focus, but also like building 4x4's, quartermilers, street rods/machines, and the occasional warbird. I'm currently working on a AMT '66 Ford Fairlane 427, turning it into a reasonably accurate vintage SS/B drag car. Pics will be coming when she's finished, as well as some photos of several of my past builds for you guys to laugh at! LOL

Posted · Report post

Welcome, former SAE guy here too. So whats that car in your avatar all about? (Big pony car fan here)

Posted · Report post

Welcome aboard, Tony! Glad to have you.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the welcome guys. Craig, that Mustang is the one and only Tasca Super Boss built by Bob Tasca. He stuffed it with a all-aluminum Can-Am 494. From what I've read, it ran 11's in the quarter on street tires and mufflers intact. :o Someday down the line I'd love to take a stab at building it in styrene. I'm a big pony car fan as well. Being partial to Fords, Mustangs are my favorite though.

Posted · Report post

Tony!

Glad to see you here!

We recruited Tony to ORM after seeing his super-nice Scout build on the SA forum a few years ago...don't let him kid ya, he builds some great stuff (although not enough 4x4s ;) LOL)

Posted · Report post

Welcome indeed sir. You'll find it hospitable and the dearth of knowledge in these here parts is downright scary.

Hope to see a few builds soon.

I know i won't laugh. Look at some of mine for a real hoot.

Bob

Posted · Report post

Thanks again guys for the welcome. I'll get a couple builds posted today. You're right Jeff, I am long overdue for another 4x4 project....I've almost forgotten what a transfer case is! :lol:

Posted · Report post

Tony, glad to see you over here. l have been here for a while. l don't go over to scale auto form much anymore....looking forward to more of your work...cs

Posted · Report post

Welcome, Tony. I never go to SA because there's nothing there. THIS is the place to be.