Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy here saying hello

Hi all, the name's Tony, and just wanted to post up a quick introduction. Some of you will probably know me from SAE and ORM. I've been looking around here for a little while, and finally decided to join. I'm really impressed with all of the talented and knowledgeable folks here. I'm just your average builder, doing the best I can. Like many of you, I started building as a kid, and still do after all these years (though I did get out of the hobby during most of my 20's). Musclecars are my main focus, but also like building 4x4's, quartermilers, street rods/machines, and the occasional warbird. I'm currently working on a AMT '66 Ford Fairlane 427, turning it into a reasonably accurate vintage SS/B drag car. Pics will be coming when she's finished, as well as some photos of several of my past builds for you guys to laugh at! LOL

Thanks for the welcome guys. Craig, that Mustang is the one and only Tasca Super Boss built by Bob Tasca. He stuffed it with a all-aluminum Can-Am 494. From what I've read, it ran 11's in the quarter on street tires and mufflers intact. :o Someday down the line I'd love to take a stab at building it in styrene. I'm a big pony car fan as well. Being partial to Fords, Mustangs are my favorite though.