Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prudhomme's '70 Cuda

bogger44

From the Monogram Snake/Mongoose combo. This is the first flopper I built. Done just for fun without worrying about the inaccuracies of the kit and chalking it up as experience for future builds. Other than the plug wires and drilled out header ends, it's purely oob. Paint is Krylon Sun Yellow. Thanks for looking.....

cuda014.jpg

cuda044.jpg

cuda023.jpg

cuda007.jpg

cuda026.jpg

cuda039.jpg

cuda042.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys.

How did you like the Krylon Yellow paint? Did you decant it into an airbush bottle?

It was shot straight out of the can. My luck with Krylon paint has been a hit and miss affair. The yellow did lay down nice, but it is fairly thin and took a number of coats (5 or 6 I believe) for good coverage. On the other hand, I've tried their burgundy in the past and found it to be super thin, even after around ten light to moderate coats, it would pull away from edges and high points.

Thanks guys!

Great job! I did the set also. Even got Prudhomme to sign mine at a show!

Great job! I did the set also. Even got Prudhomme to sign mine at a show!

Nice job on your Cuda, Brian. Wish mine was signed by the man! I see you're from Rhinelander. I've got some cousins not too far east of you, near Wabeno. Got a good family friend who runs a sign painting business up in Crandon, too.

Thanks guys. The 'Cuda is one of my favorites from the era too.

Very Nice! What kit is this (Box Art Please) Did the wrincle slicks come with the kit?

Ed, the slicks did come with this kit, though they are M+H Racemasters, when they should be Goodyears. Mine is from the most recent re-issue in the late 90's.

prudhommecuda001.jpg