Model Cars Magazine Forum

$425,000,000! What would you do?

Pay the taxes on it and use whats left to pay my daughters student loans down, I don't think it would be enough to pay them all off.

What the heck did she go to school for and how freaking much does she owe?? :blink:

I would open a National Model Car Builder's Museum and right next to it I would open a real Styrene Lab-RAT-ory where scientist would study styrene, paint, and rust chemistry, and right next to it, EYEGORE wants a kennel with nothing but female vacancy. :D

We can all dream, right?

,,,,be one of the probably few guys in the Scottish Highlands with an ultramodern glass-and-steel house on a mountain side, and a '30 Ford lowboy on '32 rails. And a Singer Porsche 911. Oh yeah, and a P-47D Thunderbolt, a Huey, and standing reservations for the LeMans and Monaco races. And a vintage offshore wooden boat with Lambo engines. Might buy a wife too.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Pay off the mortgage. Buy another house in a warm climate to live in while this house is remodeled. Build a multi car barn out back. Buy out the neighbors property as it becomes available. Fill the barn with a Lamborghini, an H1 Hummer with a ZR1 powerplant, and an F350 dually with a snow plow. For starters.

What would I do? I would take the lump sum $275,000,000. and while I would be tempted to buy some of my dream vehicles, such as a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso, or 1957 Porsche 356 Speedster, I just can't justify that kind of extravagance while so many are in need. so here is the list;

1. Pay off my house, my car, My Dad's house, and my brother's car.

2. Take care of my daughter's college and set aside a nest egg for her.

3. My friend Amy has a special needs daughter who will require care and supervision for life. I would help her re-locate to an area with better medical facilities to help her, purchase a house for them, and set aside a fund to pay for a Full-Time health care assistant for her for life. I figure about $4 million in an interest bearing trust should do it.

4. Buy a house for my best friend John

5. For myself, I would build a 4 car garage, to house my new Mini Cooper Coupe,with the "John Cooper Works" package, A 1970 Porsche 911S in slate grey (like Steve McQueen's) upgraded with 1984 Carrera drive train and suspension. Some sort of minivan, possibly a Hyundai or KIA, so I can take my dogs with me on trips. and a Renault R5 Turbo.

6. I would set aside an interest bearing account that would allow me to live comfortably.

7. The rest I would use to start an interest bearing account, that would support equally The American Cancer Society Hope Lodge program, They provide free lodging for Cancer Patients who need to travel long distances for treatments. http://www.cancer.or...hopelodge/index, and The Cancer Fund of America, They offer free supplies to Cancer patients that usually are not covered by insurance such as undergarments, nutrition supplements, vitamins, and other comfort supplies. Nobody is turned away. http://www.cfoa.org/.

So there it is, my plan. now I just need a ticket.

I'd hire a bunch of people and pay them good money with benefits to just sit all day calling up and harassing the bill collectors that have been doing that to me! :lol:

Well as for me...

I would build a new primary residence home that is completely handicap accessible to help my disabled wife. And to make it so her disabled dad can come to our house to visit. We live in a raised ranch and he can't come to our house bcause he can't get in it in his electric chair.

I would give a huge chunk of it to each of my 4 kids.

I would give another chunk to each of my 3 grandkids so they could go to whichever college they choose and have a good start on life.

I would donate a chunk to the Reason to Ride committee that I'm a member of. We have a bike run every June where all the monies raised go to help veterans who have fallen on hard times. Except we only have just so much cash and can't help very many with very much!

I would purchase a home in Key West, another one somewhere in the mountains of Vermont, another one in the mountains of Colorado and any others in any other location I chose!

I would build a swimming pool for my high school. When we built the new school a few years ago the pool got axed because of the cost...and rightly so. But with free money the pool could be built.

I would build a theater in my town for play groups to put on quality productions. And call it The Sumner Playhouse. It would be cool to have my name on something in town to leave as a legacy...

I would see if I could become partners with Teddy Marsh of Marsh Racing and go to all the Grand Am races around the country as part owner!

Yes...it is nice to dream. But in order to dream you have to spend 3 bucks...the cost of the ticket. No ticket...no dream!