Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wooden Model Cabinet

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'd wanted to show everybody my new cabinet that i'd got from my neighbor a couple of weeks ago that was once a Blueprint Cabinet. Now i can store my tools, paints, sandpaper, scratchbuilding materials & more.
008.jpg

Edited by Car Crazy 81

Posted · Report post

That's nice. Perfect for sandpaper and plastic construction materials. Will paint bottles fit in there?

Posted · Report post

I've airways thought that those would work great for something, I just never could think of what I could put in those drawers. I passed on a really nice one at an estate sale this summer and I am beginning to regret doing so.

Posted · Report post

Those have a lot of landscape in them!

Posted · Report post

That's nice. Perfect for sandpaper and plastic construction materials. Will paint bottles fit in there?

Dave,

The only paint bottles that fit perfecly is Tamiya, Humbrol & Testors paints which i have a pic of.

Posted · Report post

Beautiful cabinet. Definitely one I would like to have the credit for building!

To help find your paint bottles, Avery #5418 labels are an almost perfect fit for the top of Testors small bottles and fit very well on Model Master, Floquil and Polly-S bottles.

Charlie Larkin

Posted · Report post

We used to have one at a place I worked a while back. Kept blueprints in it of course. It was huge, covered most of a wall, but all metal and not attractive like this one.

Posted · Report post

Nice flat file, we have a ton of its metal cousins at the office I work out of, crammed full of blueprints.

(BTW they haven't been blue in years, smell a whole lot better now too.) If that doesn't work out for

modeling find someone that is into watercolor or painting sell it and get something else like a wood

machinist box. That is if you can get away with it.

Posted · Report post

My friend made a coffee table out of one of those. Put a glass top on and fills each drawer with different displays(sea shells insect collections etc) and changes the drawers from time to time.

Posted · Report post

great score Rick! thats a nice piece, I see its even Edelbrock equipped! :blink: