Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photobucket problem

Does anybody else here have issues with Photobucket pictures being rotated? For example, I took a picture with my phone that ended up being sideways. I opened it in paint and rotated it upright and saved it. Then when I uploaded it to Photobucket, it was sideways again. I use the Photobucket editor to rotate the image once again and save it. Then I post the picture and it's sideways again. What gives? :angry:

I've had trouble with Photobucket downloading the wrong photo at times. But, I can go back to my computer and rename them and it will download the right one then. I always get my photos the way I want them (cropped, adjusted etc.) before I put them on Photobucket because I always have trouble figuring out how to do them on the Photobucket site. Have you tried posting one to see if it posts them sideways?

That's the weird part, I had it saved right side up before uploading it to Photobucket, but it was sideways after uploading. Then after I rotated it on Photobucket, it was still sideways when I posted the picture. Although, it shows it being correct on Photobucket. It did this to several pictures I uploaded today.

I've occasionally had that problem with some jpeg view images where my rotated image won't save, but not on Photobucket. The only way I've conquered it is to rotate to the proper orientation, then make a cropped screen shot, and upload again. That takes care of it.

Modern phones and some newer cameras write an orientation tag to the exif data so that the image displays correctly when viewed. Only problem is nobody seems to understand how it's supposed to work, so you end up with pictures rotated when you don't want them to be rotated. Most of the image editors like Irfanview can strip the tag from the data and save the file correctly. It's a pain for anyone who actually wants to move their pictures off their camera or phone and use them somewhere else.

Modern phones and some newer cameras write an orientation tag to the exif data so that the image displays correctly when viewed. Only problem is nobody seems to understand how it's supposed to work, so you end up with pictures rotated when you don't want them to be rotated. Most of the image editors like Irfanview can strip the tag from the data and save the file correctly. It's a pain for anyone who actually wants to move their pictures off their camera or phone and use them somewhere else.

Interesting, I'll have to look into that.