Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

This was on an episode of Counting Cars; claimed 1300 HP or something crazy like that.

If you have 2 V8 engines and 4 blowers and you are only making 1300 hp, you are not doing something right. Lots of V8 cars around that make 1000+ hp with a single engine and a turbo. There are a couple of 'Vettes that come into our shop that are just over 1000 at the wheels. We also have a Buick Grand National that is a bit over 600 at the wheels and a WRX that is right around the 550 mark.

The T pictured has lots of visual impact but from a horsepower point of view, 750 hp (1300hp ÷ 2 engines) just isnt all that big a number as it used to be. Still a cool car though.

That is most likely a retired funeral flower car. They were loaded up with the flower arrangements for transport to the gravestie during a funeral. Fairly scarce rig. Not many funeral homes had a hearse and a flower car both. Usually built on the same heavy duty chassis as a hearse.

Yup, that's a flower car and they are rare. I've been in the funeral business for almost twenty years and I've seen many of them in trade magazines, but I've never seen one in person.

I've been thinking about building one to go with the hearse I'm working on.

David G.