Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can we see some scratchbuilt things?

mopar68

Guido, I have no idea if any 2019 California Special Mustangs made it over here. The Cougar and previously the Probe were very short lived in the UK. The Mustang however in RHD is another kettle of fish as the name is well known to almost all car enthusiasts. Also, the Mustang has a long pedigree and been immortalised in movies like 'Bullit'. Modellers have been well catered for over the years. I must say that I am tempted to get one of the big Revell kits and the Scale Motorsports upgrade set for it.

Local to me there are 24 of the new mustangs which is pretty high for somewhere with about 25,000 people. 5 of them are the v6 and the rest are v8s. I know one guy bought 2 so he could stash one away but then the same guy has built his house around his mini and sierra rs500 both of which just has delivery miles on  but if he was to sell he would have to take down a outside wall. My dad was one of the builders on the house and he said it was a major pita having to work wround the cars and not get any marks on it. They had a lot of duvets and tarps over it

39 minutes ago, absmiami said:

Rather nice. -is this a recent build ? ? 

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for the comments. To your question: no, I posted it on this forum about 2 years ago. I guess you could see it in details if you do a search, either trought the title of the post, which was" Techno-Bubble 41 Willys Bonneville car", or trough the listings associated to my name (if you click on my identifier at left, I think it leads you to my previous posts... )

Thank you for your interest!

CT

1 hour ago, gasser59 said:

I saw this when you originally posted it Claude and I was blown away then as I still am. One cool model indeed!!  Very inventive.

Thank you Brad!

The truth is, on the contest table, most people seem not to know what to do of it.... I get mostly questions about "what is a Bonneville car" in the first place. Oh, well, flat lake racing is not for everyone, I guess!

CT

Claude, I think that the final GSL may be a couple of years away still, but best to check. Not sure if I would be able to make it, much as I would like to.

A few years back I was on a cruise from Boston to Halifax and other Eastern Seaboard locations  that went up the St. Laurence (Lawrence?) Seaway and spent a day looking around a part of your beautiful city. I was very impressed. Certainly could see the French influence having been to France many times. I would like to have spent much longer in Quebec. Perhaps I will return again someday! Last time I visited Canada was to the West coast and did a two week coach tour out of Vancouver inland to Banff in the Rockies and across to sail the inland passage down to Victoria on Vancouver Island. Both Vancouver and Victoria were also nice cities to visit. However I have still to visit Montreal and Toronto! I have to say that I do like Canada from what I have seen already.

4 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Claude, I think that the final GSL may be a couple of years away still, but best to check. Not sure if I would be able to make it, much as I would like to.

A few years back I was on a cruise from Boston to Halifax and other Eastern Seaboard locations  that went up the St. Laurence (Lawrence?) Seaway and spent a day looking around a part of your beautiful city. I was very impressed. Certainly could see the French influence having been to France many times. I would like to have spent much longer in Quebec. Perhaps I will return again someday! Last time I visited Canada was to the West coast and did a two week coach tour out of Vancouver inland to Banff in the Rockies and across to sail the inland passage down to Victoria on Vancouver Island. Both Vancouver and Victoria were also nice cities to visit. However I have still to visit Montreal and Toronto! I have to say that I do like Canada from what I have seen already.

Hi Noel!

Glad you liked it here. The province of Québec is usually where most tourists are surprised, if not "disoriented", because of the prevalence of the french language, even more so on the radio, billboards, etc. It makes for an "immersive" experience. Vancouver and Toronto, both beautifull cities, are more like most major north-american cities: cosmopolitan, dense, thriving with activity and contemporary architecture. 

Quebec city is much more like old Europe. That is why many scenes from  CATCH ME IF YOU CAN with Di Caprio were shot here: next best thing to a french decor. 

CT

Andrew, thanks for the heads up about the dates of the final GSL in 2022.

Bill, you have made a great job on the 'Headache Racks' on your truck model. Scratch building need not necessarily be complete builds, and even modest scratch built additions will give your own individuality to a model and develop skills to attempt more advanced things in the future.

Claude, I must admit that I was a little surprised that numbers of tourists to your city were taken aback by the use of the French language. Just shows their lack of awareness that Quebec Province is primarily French speaking, and so many visitors to Quebec City or Montreal are unaware of this. I would imagine that as Canada is a Commonwealth Country they assume that just English is spoken being blissfully unaware that Canada is officially bilingual. One of my bucket list things to do will be a crossing on the Canadian Pacific, and also ride the Rocky Mountaneer Train.       As big Arnie said in the Terminator, ' I'll be back!'

On 11/10/2013 at 10:20 PM, PatW said:

I can't remember if i've already put this on here but here we are, I only looked in the spares box for the wheels and tyres.and the door handles......

SAM_4015_zps19dd59b7.jpg

Trailer11-th.jpg

Trailer10-th.jpg

I'm glad I saved this little item after I got shot of photobucket.

All plasticard except the wheels/tyres.

Edited by PatW