Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can we see some scratchbuilt things?

mopar68

That's a cool little teardrop camper, Pat. Any more pictures of it?

I'm not sure if I posted this or not in this thread. Everything is scratch-built with the exception of the frame, wheels and tires. Trees are made with a tapered dowel and hog's hair furnace filters. Mattress covered with printable fabric with an image I found online.

This was a fun build.

TearDropModelCon copy.jpg

PaperTowelHolder.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

DioCloseUp1.jpg

DioCloseUp5.jpg

DioCloseUp2.jpg

MattressPillows.jpg

Trees1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 11:31 AM, gasser59 said:

I'm not sure if I posted this or not in this thread. Everything is scratch-built with the exception of the frame, wheels and tires. Trees are made with a tapered dowel and hog's hair furnace filters. Mattress covered with printable fabric with an image I found online.

This was a fun build.

PaperTowelHolder.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

DioCloseUp1.jpg

DioCloseUp5.jpg

DioCloseUp2.jpg

MattressPillows.jpg

Trees1.jpg

What a Fun build in deed.  Way back when I was but knee high to a hubcap my family had a teardrop camper. Your build brings back wonderful memories and answers many questions about the layout of cabinets and so forth.  Thanks for sharing!

On 9/29/2020 at 1:31 PM, gasser59 said:

This was a fun build.

PaperTowelHolder.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

DioCloseUp1.jpg

DioCloseUp5.jpg

DioCloseUp2.jpg

MattressPillows.jpg

Trees1.jpg

This looks amazing . 

Castings..

photo-th.jpg

Bed fence

photo4-th.jpg

Bumper bike carrier..

photo3-th.jpg

Another bed fence

photo-th.jpg

scratch rod, just added wheels/tyres..

photo-th.jpg

Rally bonnet night lamps

photo-th.jpg

Roof rack & Surf Boards..

photo1-th.jpg

Prosthetic arm..

photo-th.jpg

about 15 years ago..

Trailer11-th.jpgTrailer10-th.jpg

Not a great deal, but some parts.

Edited by PatW

1/32 scale Belly Tanker. Start point is a Trumpeter 1/32 P-38 Lightning belly tank  ( as the real 1:1 scale post War hot rodders used ) with a motor and wheels from various other 1/32  car model kits ( Revell Highway Pioneers, Pyro, Lindberg) and everything after that is cobbled together from bits and pieces from innumerable plastic sources...even model railroading. Example...the quick change rear end is made from halves of the tiny blower scoop from a Revell Attempt One, detailed with Grandt Line nuts and bolts. The challenge...as in the full scale world...is getting everything stuffed into such a small space.

20 hours ago, styromaniac said:

1/32 scale Belly Tanker. Start point is a Trumpeter 1/32 P-38 Lightning belly tank  ( as the real 1:1 scale post War hot rodders used ) with a motor and wheels from various other 1/32  car model kits ( Revell Highway Pioneers, Pyro, Lindberg) and everything after that is cobbled together from bits and pieces from innumerable plastic sources...even model railroading. Example...the quick change rear end is made from halves of the tiny blower scoop from a Revell Attempt One, detailed with Grandt Line nuts and bolts. The challenge...as in the full scale world...is getting everything stuffed into such a small space.

Nice work Steve.

Thanks J.C.                                                         I started to conceptualize this little project after the Old Dominion IPMS show in Richmond end of February 2020, hoping to bring it to some venues that summer and fall but COVID kicked in and took away all our scheduled events. Here's hoping we can share our work somewhere sometime this year.

Not as advanced in the scratch art but my custom body kit for MKIV Supra

spacer.png

And an old youth build of mine that I had saved but got smashed in an acidente in my display cabinet. I had bought a second kit so I could restore the chassis but I might build a tribute one day.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Mattilacken

• 2 weeks later...