Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can we see some scratchbuilt things?

mopar68

Wow, what a thread. Amazing talent and creativity in these posts. That steam engine is great. The working top is sick. Andy, that "Charger" is so very cool.

Injector manifold with butterflies. The tubes are aftermarket.

downstacksLR-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Aluminum front axel and connecting links. Posable with moving linkage.

frontendok-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Gauge panel

Dashback1-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Pedal assembly

repedal2-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Steering wheel With thumb shifters

steeringwheel2-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Body from the cowl back and headers.

newwires-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Scott

Edited by Scott Colmer

This is incredible fellas! Wish I could comment on every part, but that would involve me sitting here all night, as I spend at least 15 mins on each pic, just staring in awe :lol:

From now on whenever I'm feeling low on inspiration/motivation, I'm gonna check in here to see the possibilities :D

Just making sure before I put my foot in my mouth for what I was going to say.

Now that I know, I have seen bill's work in person it is truly amazing. I think micro nitro and other machinist have real compitition on their hands. If that's what it was about.

I joined this forum simply to say to all those who have posted something scratchbuilt in this thread: "You are insane."

Everything is absolutely awesome and awe-inspiring. Cant get over how great this stuff all is! You should all be proud as punch!

I wish I had something completed to post up!!!

Oh and ask mopar (zac) about his stealth-chargers!

Nothing like some of the stuff posted, but I do dable in fabricating bits.

Firefighting tools, left to right drip torch, 1 gallon canteen, swatter, halligan tool, McLeod, prybar and a can style backpack pump

tools.jpg

The tools are mostly bought, but the hose reel, nozzle, tank, fencing and brackets are all scratchbuilt.

1937FordUSFSPatrol3.jpg

I've built a few utility bodies, here is one I'm working on for a salvage truck.

Salvage7.jpg

scratch building is just so much fun. you can really let yourself have fun when you're off in scratchbuilding land.

here's a rear i did for the FED.

008-3.jpg

here's the hand formed aluminum body, mid-plate, soldered brass chassis.

002-7.jpg

my first all aluminum really BIG chevy motor and 5 spd. planetary trans.

P2260106.jpg

and of course i love creating my own wheels and tires.

1-81175deckbbcblock004.jpg

these are parts for almost all different projects.

Ok, I wanna play. This is a completely scratch built 1/64 flatbed trailer. I even machined the wheel and Stemco hub from aluminum, added lug nuts from RB Motion, cast it into resin, drilled and filed the two oval holes and then cast it a final time. I collect these trucks and at the time I made this, no company offered a flatbed or a two hole Budd wheel.

375914514-vi.jpg

375914515-vi.jpg

MVC036F-vi.jpg

375914513-vi.jpg

375914511-vi.jpg

33447516-vi.jpg

Edited by Ben

Here's another little gem I'm kinda proud of but I can't take all the credit. It was started by a VERY accomplished modeler in Germany by the name of Klaus Lassen. He put it on hold about a 1/4 of the way into it. I was able to talk him into letting me finish it and have it cast into resin so more modellers could get one! The beautiful castings have no seam, no flash and no pinholes. Casting credit goes to my buddy Jamie Rahmoeller. It's an Allison MD4560 automatic transmission used in modern heavy trucks, fire trucks, etc.

Trans3-vi.jpg

Trans2-vi.jpg

Trans1-vi.jpg

alisbox1-vi.gif

09021013171-vi.jpg

Edited by Ben

Scratch built Hood except for grille shell,Bumper,Air Breathers,Pipes.Rear deck,Sleeper.Battery Box's.Doors and roof on Cab.Fuel Tank's.

All brackets for Battery box's,Fuel Tank's and Tool box's

Tool box and Wings came from Eric/Porky at P&P Resin wraped with stainless sheet metal.

DSC06063-1.jpg

Here is the interior bucket for my 69 camaro pro touring car. It is sitting on a corvette chassis with independent front and rear suspension. The bucket itself is highly modified and the floor is scratchbuilt along with the roll cage and dash. Seats are from Scale Dreams.

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg