Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can we see some scratchbuilt things?

mopar68

I joined this forum simply to say to all those who have posted something scratchbuilt in this thread: "You are insane."

KC! Some incredible stuff here hey! Blows my mind every time I look at it :blink:

Here's the 'charger you mentioned :D

DSCF3928_T.jpg

A few other scratched parts there too.

Here's some seats I've been working on too-

04102012598.jpg

Keep posting guys, I'm hungry for more :D

Edited by mopar68

179352_4570848883056_1131409449_n.jpg

Here is the interior parts so far, The dash is all scratch built but for the top part, The machine parts from me are the gagues, AC vents, all the nobs on the center concel, Steering calum, nobs on the window cranks. Center concel also scratch built, Seats as also done, The interior side door parts was all scatch built to with eiter plastic,aluminum and brass. The shifting lever was done in aluminum. The roll bars was scratch built, back seat grab bar, back seat concel. floor padding. Door window padding. Also forgot the DVD player was out of plastic with a film negitive for the screan

Edited by Chas SCR

A lot of these preceding posters are the guys that inspire me to keep trying harder. Beautiful work.

Here's some of my favorite projects.

Except for the steering wheel, this interior is all scratch built

IMG_0696b.jpg?psid=1

scratch built pick up bed and rear of cab for Revell's 99 Dodge VTS

IMG_1976b.jpg?psid=1

including hand carved DODGE letters

IMG_3525b.jpg?psid=1

another of my favorite subjects; structural interior panels. The interior panels, top mechanism and frame scratch built, floor heavily modified.

Img_6038b.jpg?psid=1

the top end of this engine, except for valve covers is scratch built; all fuel injection, linkage and ignition.

Img_5524b.jpg?psid=1

everything in this picture except the seat, belts and tires is hand made from Evergreen plastic, aluminum an and brass

IMG_2332cc.jpg?psid=1

The seat came from the AMT competition parts pack. Everything else in this picture is scratch built including the fence.

Img_2007b.jpg?psid=1

Edited by Alyn

Some 1/24th scale scratch built diorama details:

Barredcopy-vi.jpg

4457390730_8734736eb3_b-vi.jpg

Windows made using model RR basswood strips and microscope cover slide glass. Security bars, hasp and lock made from styrene. Super simple details compared to what yall are posting here!

That is some incredible weathering, Chuck! Very nice work!

Some 1/24th scale scratch built diorama details:

Windows made using model RR basswood strips and microscope cover slide glass. Security bars, hasp and lock made from styrene. Super simple details compared to what yall are posting here!

Not simple at all! It takes skill to represent worn and weathered building materials and you have mastered that skill! These building details look incredible :)

Dang! You guys are good!

I can't even begin to compete with some of the stuff I see posted in this thread. For starters, I rarely if ever build entire assemblies, like some of the engines posted here, from scratch. But I do like to scratchbuild details and smaller parts.

Tonneau from newspaper dipped in watered down Elme'rs glue, shaped and left to dry and painted with craft paints. The welting is thread:

tonneau1.jpg

Quarter window latches out of bits of styrene, brass and sewing pins. A little out of scale, but as small as I could make them and still have them work:

Jaguarprogress16.jpg

The cargo box of this Mack:

1.jpg

Blanket and tiedowns:

13.jpg

Seat and seat springs:

bobber2.jpg

ooohh m g , some stuff in here is out of this world , some of you guys must be aliens :lol:

thnx for sharing its really inspiring

here are my hunble things all 1/24-25

a sink with tabs

20120902145047.jpg

a drill and a grind / polisher all made of spare plastics from anything i could use , the polish wheel is from a dremel

with a real drill in there / smalles i could find

20120909133244.jpg

20120909133234.jpg

20120909133150.jpg

in the diorama (windows are part scratch)

20120909125438.jpg

attic from wood

20120912185347.jpg

20120917181357.jpg

garagedoor

20120921194536.jpg

wooden workbench

20120924160038.jpg

wooden table top

20120928180829.jpg

Edited by crazyrichard