Model Cars Magazine Forum

attaching resin scoop to styrene hood?

I have been looking all over and cant find the right cowl hood for a 70-73 Camaro. I have found the right scoop in resin and was just wondering how I would go about attaching it to the stock kit hood? If its possible? Any and all help is appreciated. thanks

this is the type of hood I am wanting, but no one seems to make them....

chevy_camaro_1980_hood_cowl_induction_2_3_4_oem_1680403.jpg

ok thanks for the help..I have located a styrene scoop similar to this, that I might can make work...if so i will just go that way....but never know, may end up having to pick the resin scoop up.....

Also, not sure where to ask this, but if I got the hood to look right, would there be a caster out there that would be interested in making these? I know this is a popular hood to use for a street car, not everyone likes the outlaw hoods lol....thanks

Tim, you should be able to just use the scoop from any of the Revell '69 Camaros. That's what I always use when I want a scoop like that. I agree with you about the outlaw hood scoops. I don't like any of them.

Tim, you should be able to just use the scoop from any of the Revell '69 Camaros. That's what I always use when I want a scoop like that. I agree with you about the outlaw hood scoops. I don't like any of them.

Yeah I was thinking about that as well...but trying to find someone willing to let a hood go without the rest of the kit lol....I found 2 styrene scoops i am going to get and see what I can come up with

• 2 weeks later...

There was a place on eBay and several other sights that had a cowl hood for the kit ur using

Yeah but they are the Outlaw hoods...don't want anything that tall...IMHO it looks like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH when people put htose tall hoods on a plain street car. Just looking for a factory type cowl hood... 2 3/4" is what the one pictured is.

If you end up doing the resin scoop, I'd be wary of using 5-minute epoxy under finish bodywork. It has almost no strength and I really wouldn't trust it under filler, primer and show-paint. It's asking for disappointment. It's great for the other things High octane mentions.

Yeah I have heard that also...although I am not too worried about the finish being show quality...but I have found some styrene scoops I will try and use first. thanks